Mother of two that needs support to focus more on myself

Options
Hi all - I have just started this journey (again) today and am looking for some friends to help support me. I am a mother of two busy kids, ages 11 & 9 and with their activities taking so much time, I have put myself on the back burner the last 6 months and have gained too much weight. I am so uncomfortable with myself and need to get my motivation back and MAKE time for myself. Today is the first day and I did surprisingly well, hopefully I can keep this going in a positive direction and start feeling better about myself and making better decisions!

Replies

• winwala
    winwala Posts: 3
    Options
    I can relate...you can add me. :)
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have four, I refuse to let their lives over-run mine :) add me if you want I know what you mean
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends! Anyone please feel free to add me :)
    After 455 day on mfp, I'm pretty good at supporting and motivating. Plus, I still need some motivation myself, from time to time!
  • ClaireMal
    ClaireMal Posts: 45
    Options
    Add me too it took me a while to realise I needed me time.
  • shere62
    shere62 Posts: 7
    Options
    You can add me-I have six kids(only two left at home) so I know how it is to "lose" yourself.
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, my little guys take up a ton of my time but you have to make time for yourself. You can add me as a friend
  • cherisekntz
    cherisekntz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in a similar boat. I am 27, I have a 10yr old, a 5 yr old, and a 4 yr old. I have also been married for the last 10 1/2 years to someone that acts just like one of my children. I have just started this journey as well and have a very hard time spending energy and time on myself. My husband refuses to workout with me, and if I take my children with me it is extreamly stressfull. So I am looking for some emotional support as well as some people to help keep me motivated!
  • angeliqueib
    angeliqueib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, only with just one child. I did so good at making time to take care of myself last year. Then Sept. rolled around! My daughter had more activity days this year and I did more at/for her school. I fell right back into the habit of just grabbing a quick bite when I could and stopped working out. Now I am right back where I was when I started! Now that I have had it and lost it I am so much more committed to making the time to take care of myself. I feel a bit like I am going at this alone because no one around me is particularly interested in getting healthy and they aren't very encouraging. Feel free to add me. I am happy to return support and encouragement!
  • sec820
    sec820 Posts: 40
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of one single mom so I relate to you . I would be glad to friend you
  • Lisascherer1
    Lisascherer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request too. I think as moms the biggest challenge is finding time for ourselves. I keep reminding myself that my girls need a healthy mom that is going to be around for many years.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I have 2 daughters, ages 6 and 8. I don't know if your kids will go for it, but include them in your activities. Train to all run a 5K together. Go for long family bike rides. It's not exactly "you" time, but it's a way to work on yourself, while still spending time with the kids.
  • terra3
    terra3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here, I think that's what Mum's do, give everything to the kids and forget ourselves until we hit a "wall". Just sent you a friend request. To anyone else, I also am looking for FP friends. Single mum of one autistic child, I am ready for some serious self care !!!
  • ChristaG10
    ChristaG10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the supportive words and offers for friends! Looking forward to the changes ahead :)
  • 40goneby40
    40goneby40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too...mother of 2 young kids and full-time employee as well.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    well you took the first step. Welcome! I am sending you a friend request.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too have two kids, 4 and 17 months. This is a great support system, informative and friendly set of people here! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • ginw0411
    ginw0411 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request