Yes... another newbie! Need advice.

Options
Joined about a week ago.

Been following my targets and doing a lot of exercise - 3 hour walks almost every day. As soon as I enter my exercise, it adjusts the cals I have remaining in my food diary.

My target for the day is 1200 cals and I'm always under, usually by a lot because I 'earn' cals from exercise... should I use these up.

I know it targets no more than 2lbs loss a week so if i stay under all my targets am I likely to lose more?

Replies

• GullyGirl009
    Options
    I find that sometimes we have to tweak our meals so that we are eating exactly what we are suppose to. Try that.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That's a question so many of us ask~ you almost have to adjust your calorie intake to your body. Somedays I eat all of my exercise calories- other days I only eat half- other days I don't eat any. Some people believe you should eat your calories from exercise- others have the mentality of don't eat it.
    I am in the process of eating them to see if my weight will budge- thinking I'm not getting enough calories and my body is trying to hold onto what it has...

I hope this helps some...
  • carysj
    carysj Posts: 22
    Options
    The boards have a lot on eating back exercise calories and lots of members recommend it. Like you I also struggle to net 1200 on days that I exercise but I feel weaker the next day if I'm too far under. I've started taking protein powder after exercising and it adds a quick 100 cals + 20g protein back. As for whether you'll lose more than 2lbs a week if you consistently go under your target calories..... possibly in the short term but I don't know whether its sustainable.