When Do You Weigh In

Options
So I have been reading post from people that get frustrated when the scale says that they weight 1 lb more than they did the day before. This seems silly to me because I know how much my weigh goes up and down on in a regular day. For instance I weighed 193.6 lbs suday morning after an intense workout. I ate all my calories for the day and drank about 1.5 gallons of water. At the end of the night I was 202.8 almost a 8.2lb difference. So I never get to upset over little fluctuations but I was wondering which weight everyone puts into MFP. Do you put in the lowest number you see that week or what you have been seeing the most?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I weigh Friday morning with underclothes on only. If I check my weight throughout the week it's only for guidence. I would drive myself NUTTS if I weighed daily or hourly :wink: For some though, weighing in daily keeps them more accountable I guess.
  • alicita75
    alicita75 Posts: 4
    Options
    My trainer has told me to never weigh yourself after a workout or at the end of the night...The scale will be wrong, your body weighs more after a workout and you can be retaining water. Only weigh yourself in the morning and only once a week. Choose a day to weigh in say Sunday mornings and only enter that weight into MFP. So enter your weight every Sunday morning into MFP to what the scale says.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'll check myself at home during the week, but my weigh-in that I log is every tuesday at the gym in my swimsuit before my hydro-pilates class
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but I only put in the lowest number that I see no matter what time of day it is. Just what works for me.
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options
    Sometimes I will weigh myself every day or every other day just to see how it changes and for guidance of where I am at, but for MFP I only record it once a week. On Monday mornings I hop on the scale and that's the number I use. :smile:
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I weigh in a few times a month but officially at the 1st of every month.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think consistency is the key... same day, same scale, same conditions. I weigh in on Saturday morning, before breakfast, underwear only. I have done it this way since the beginning and so I think it gives a more accurate record that way.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I always put in the low... sometimes it takes a week or more to see another low. However, I do this with the knowledge that math tells me those other higher weights aren't true gain - I log EVERYTHING, so there is no way I truly gained 3 lbs - it's salt, water retention or (TMI, sorry) the fact that I haven't gone to the restroom. If I had "cheated" or had a bad week, that might be different.
  • mlbrowninsc
    mlbrowninsc Posts: 22
    Options
    I check each morning throughout the week but my official weigh in for tracking purposes come on Saturday morning first thing. My goal is to loose 1-2 lbs per week. As long as I'm down on my official day, i'm ok.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I only enter in my weight if it's a loss and not a gain. So if I weighed 128 yesterday and I weighed 128.2 today I would not enter the 128.2, I only enter if I go lower than last recording.
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like to keep track of both numbers my highest and lowest of the week. Also has any men that lift weights, picked their goal weight based on what is a "healthy" BMI. I am begining to think it might be hard to reach 185 without losing my strength and muscle.
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I weigh Friday morning with underclothes on only. If I check my weight throughout the week it's only for guidence. I would drive myself NUTTS if I weighed daily or hourly :wink: For some though, weighing in daily keeps them more accountable I guess.

I do this exact same thing. Exact my weigh in day is Sunday.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I expect some fluctuations but I find this keeps me honest with myself...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (and have weighed multiple times a day) to get a sense of the fluctuations.

I WEIGH IN on sunday mornings after a pee, before breakfast. I log that weight and look for long term (monthly or so) trends with that number.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Once per season for the next phase! Woohoo! Next one is Friday!
  • eal12_00
    eal12_00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They say to weigh in once a week becuz ur body changes so much from water,salt,etc....I weigh in on Monday mornings as soon as i wake up that way i do not overindulge on the weekend...mind trick i do lol
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I weigh in almost every morning. I log my weight Wednesday mornings. I also jump on the scale almost every night but that one is more like "holy cow a drank 3lbs of water/tea/whatever today". I know its not real weight.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Friday, in the morning wearing very little or nothing right before I get into the shower. I do tend to weigh myself daily, just out of curiosity, but number that counts is the one on Friday.
  • SunburNDA
    SunburNDA Posts: 23
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, before eating anything and after working out. Really, it doesn't matter when you weigh in as long as you are being consistent.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself often during the week, but officially my day is Wednesday. I track and record that day if it is small loss, good loss, or even a gain.