Can't Seem To Lose Weight

Options
I've been with MyFitness Pal for about 2 months now and I can't seem to drop a single pound....I never pass my suggested calorie intake yet I still weigh the same since I've started. Any suggestions or advice would help.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale and in the beginning weight everything.
  • Shellyeubanks
    Options
    What are your macros like? And are you working out at all? And how much total do you have to lose?
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising if so how much?

What are you eating?

Are you logging everything and not just guestimating in your head (this was one of my problems)?

Are you losing inches?
  • alicita75
    alicita75 Posts: 4
    Options
    Are you drinking alot of water...you need water to lose weight. What are you eating and be brutally honest tracking your calories. If you are working out you need to change the workout every 4 weeks to shock the body so it doesn't get used to the excercise. Cardio and weights are a must.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yes, I probably wouldn't lose any weight either if I wasn't logging my food.

You beat me to it.
  • suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    and me
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking alot of water...you need water to lose weight. What are you eating and be brutally honest tracking your calories. If you are working out you need to change the workout every 4 weeks to shock the body so it doesn't get used to the excercise. Cardio and weights are a must.

The part about being brutally honest in tracking...A few years ago, when I started WW, I was tracking, and it wasn't coming off. I actually had to measure out my portions with cups and spoons. I was shocked by how off I was! It was hard to face, but I re-learned what actual portions were. You won't have to do it forever, just a week or two, until you have a clear picture of what you're consuming and how much. Good luck! You wouldn't be here if you weren't motivated. Make it count! :)
  • skinnedknee101
    skinnedknee101 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm giving advice that I don't always follow, but here it goes anyway: STOP LOOKING TO THE SCALE TO MEASURE YOUR SUCCESS. The scale measures how much you weigh total...water weight, fat, muscle, bone, fecal matter, undigested food...this number fluctuates all over the place.

What I actually do: Track your inches, measure around your stomach, hips, arms, legs, etc. Like others have said, measure your food. What I do is measure out the stuff I know isn't good for me, sugar, my coffee creamer in the mornings. I allow myself to have just an exact amount of these things, then I eat all the healthy stuff I want. I pay attention to labels. I'm obsessed with pepperoni chips. Did you know that turkey pepperoni has about half the calories of regular pepperoni? So when I want some junk food, I make up some turkey pepperoni chips, measure out an EXACT amount of whatever dip I want. With that I might add whatever amount of broccoli and cauliflower I want, and I have a snack that tastes like it's about 400 calories when it's usually around 200.

Anyway, find the foods that work FOR you, not against you. And use the other stuff sparingly.