need sports bra advice

Options
SDMS
SDMS Posts: 36 Member
Such a weird request but here it goes...
I have lost about 15 lbs since I purchased my sports bras. I was at Zumba tonight and noticed that I have almost no support. The girls were all over the place.
Any suggestions for a bra that would provide great support? I am a 36D (around there I think), and can't stand when the bra squishes into the "uni-boob" look.
Thanks!

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like the champion maximum support bras I get at Kohl's for around $45 (I usually wait until I have a 20% coupon and they go on sale buy 1 get 1 50% off). They are sized like regular bras, have a triple hook back closure and underwire, and still manage to look pretty descent. I'm a 34-36D-DD and I can run and even do jumping jacks without getting a black eye. Good luck!
  • SDMS
    SDMS Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the champion maximum support bras I get at Kohl's for around $45 (I usually wait until I have a 20% coupon and they go on sale buy 1 get 1 50% off). They are sized like regular bras, have a triple hook back closure and underwire, and still manage to look pretty descent. I'm a 34-36D-DD and I can run and even do jumping jacks without getting a black eye. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion! I will try those.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    I also recommend the champion maximum support. I pick mine up at Academy sports for about $30 each, but i prefer an underwire in mine. I haven't had an uniboob experiences and the support is awesome.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I got one at Target last night. It's a Champion "high support bra" and has two separate boobs (imagine that!) It even has removable padding in the cups if you don't want your headlights showing, which I hate. It's not a racerback, and it clips in the back like a real bra. So you wouldn't wear it alone without a shirt, but it's definitely sporty and was in the workout clothes section. I was jumping around in the dressing room, and my girls (also D's) didn't move. :) I'm pretty sure it was $21.99.
  • nckleen
    nckleen Posts: 3
    Options
    I highly suggest the enell bra http://enell.com/ Oprah had it on her show YEARS ago. I was a 36 D in HS so my mother bought it for me - i LOVED it - my girls didnt budge, but my stomach flab did haha. I am now a 36DD and have recently gotten back into the workout routine, and treated myself to a new enell bra. I definitely need support, and I cant find anything else out there. I highly suggest you buy off of Amazon.com or look at the enell website for a local store that carries it - ordering off the website it a bit expensive. I think I found mine on amazon for $40-$45.
  • michelechavez
    Options
    Champion has a catalog they send out regularly and a great website. They have several choices in bras for D and DD cups. I've been using their bras for years and years. Unfortunately, they just ended a bra sale, but they have them periodically, so you can watch for the next one. Or you could buy one full price, so how you like it, and then wait for the next sale to buy a bunch more.
  • dArtagnia
    dArtagnia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure mine is Champion but it might be Danskin. I got it at Walmart for around $20. The front is like a normal padded bra, but the shoulder straps have a bit of padding and the back is racer w/ a normal bra clasp at the bottom for added support. The racer straps are also adjustable. I am a 36C and it is truly the most comfortable thing, I love it!
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have large ladies. I have tried the Enbrel, but that is one GIANT uniboob look and hate that look. I got a Donna Karan (weird, I know) bra from a custom lingerie shop in town. It is, by far, the BEST I have ever had. It has the underwire on the outside (again, weird, I know), but the support is outstanding. I have been wearing sports bras for over 20 years, and it is my favorite-hands down!.

http://www.bagshop.com/s/1246/Lingerie/35137/Donna-Karan/Donna-Karan-Underwire-Sports-Bra.htm?source=googleps&gclid=CKXi9OqeqLACFWQDQAodhW1SXg
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I really like the Moving Comfort bras, but I'm not sure how they are for larger ladies (I'm a scrawny 32B). They're quality bras though and in the same price range as the Champion ones people mentioned above. Try getting them at: www.runningwarehouse.com I find it's the cheapest place to get those.
  • mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really like the Moving Comfort bras, but I'm not sure how they are for larger ladies (I'm a scrawny 32B). They're quality bras though and in the same price range as the Champion ones people mentioned above. Try getting them at: www.runningwarehouse.com I find it's the cheapest place to get those.

I'm a 34D and LOVE the Moving Comfort "Fiona" model of sports bra. I've worn it running, cycling, hiking...You name it! Very comfortable and holds up very well over time (no pun intended).

Good Luck!
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The Ta-Ta Tamer from LuluLemon or the Enell....
  • TRHuston
    TRHuston Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure mine is Champion but it might be Danskin. I got it at Walmart for around $20. The front is like a normal padded bra, but the shoulder straps have a bit of padding and the back is racer w/ a normal bra clasp at the bottom for added support. The racer straps are also adjustable. I am a 36C and it is truly the most comfortable thing, I love it!

I got myself 3 of these after having breast reduction surgery last year. I am still a 36 C+/D- and they are fantastic. Very supportive, comfortable, unbeatable for the price and steers clear of the dreaded uni-boob. I will say though that after wearing one for a 10 hour endurance event last week, I got a little bit of heat rash, but I think that will happen wearing anything that's all sweaty for that long.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra

BEST exercise bra I've ever tried. I was also a 36D (now 34D) and this bra is the first I've ever tried that I didn't need to wear 2 at a time to get control. I don't like that the neckline is higher than some of my tank tops, but I LOVE that the girls don't move at all during Zumba or running.