New with 100+ pounds to lose

Options
larene411
larene411 Posts: 14 Member
Hi there! I have been fiddling with MFP for about two months, but really only got strict with it about three weeks ago. I have lost 18 pounds and am looking forward to losing quite a bit more. I am doing MFP with my sisters, but they are my beloved skinny-me's, and am hoping to find more people in a similar situation. I am stay-at-home mom of two, 116 pounds to go. Thanks!

Replies

• christykirby
    christykirby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Christy, and I am also new to the site (joined about a week ago) and need to lose at least 150 pounds. I need all the encouragement I can get because I have struggled with my weight my entire life.

You are doing awesome - 18 pounds is great!

I really enjoy using the MFP on my iPhone - it really helps keep my accountable!

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Christy
  • MIgirl37
    MIgirl37 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I am Misty. I recently had weight loss surgery and have lost 50 pounds and have about 100 more to go. I am really loving MyFitnessPal and am hoping to meet some new people. :smile:
  • thehealthylife
    thehealthylife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Suzanne. I joined last year, but got busy with a new job and lost focus. After settling into being a working mom, I am ready to recommit to living healthy. I right around 100 lbs to lose and would love to meet others to share the journey.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jen. I've got about the same amount to lose. Feel free to add me! Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Been here about a month now. In total, have lost 38lbs out of 103 to get to my initial goal weight of 160.

It's a lot of hard work, but feels so good when you starting noticing the smaller you. Add me if you want, I can use all the encouragement and support I can get!
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi there! I just completed my first week using MFP and have 122-142 pounds to lose. My problem has also been keeping the motivation going. You can add me if you want and we can help keep each other on track. Good luck!!
  • Nyodra
    Nyodra Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP - I've found it a completely NECESSARY tool in the journey to weight loss. I started out around 314lbs with a goal of 150 (135 as an ultimate) - Which is 167lbs total plus some I'd like to lose!... Scary number, but check this out!

I've managed to lose with education (THE MOST IMPORTANT), exercise and effort; a total of 107lbs of it! I have 60 more to go and I've never been happier. Feel free to add me for motivation. I'm a 28 year old mother of two under the age of 3, btw :)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim. Welcome to MFP! I started MFP last year and lost about 40 lbs on it. Then right before Thanksgiving both my husband and I (Who work at the same place) had our teams disbanded and are now making only about 10-20 hours a month. We are both looking for new jobs but the market is so tough right now we are finding NOTHING. I started to stress out and it got really bad and I just kind of plummeted off the wagon. I've been struggling to get back on but the stressors are still there and so I have started over! And right now I need all the help I can get!! So feel free to add me!!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I hav about the same to lose as you do! (well, 117 pounds) Feel free to add me ;) One day at a time.
  • jennstevens21
    jennstevens21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am just starting mfp again, lost 35 lbs last year and had surgery which kicked me off the wagon, I need to get back on and would love to lose 100 lbs. I cant even believe that is the number i have to lose. Sickens me really. But here we go! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I am restarting MFP too...(came back about 3 weeks ago)...used it last year with good results...and a 40 pound loss. Grad school stress took its toll on me in the Fall and Spring...so I fell backwards a lot. Happy to be back! Feel free to add me...I need all encouragement and motivation I can get... :) HUGS!
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Hello..welcome to MFP...I have alot of weight to lose also..you can friend me if you like.:smile:
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    you are doing great so far. 18 pounds in 3 weeks is great. I am sending a friend request.
  • picsgurl
    picsgurl Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm in search of some friends to help keep me motivated while hoping to do the same for you! I have around 100 lbs to loose and I refuse to give up. I have a one year old to think about and my husband and I have been talking about having baby number 2 in about another year or so.