So you sit on your butt for a living...

Options
I work at the front desk of a not busy at all library. There's usually never any reason for me to walk around (it's a medical library, people use the books and periodicals maybe once a week, our computers get used the most). I try to get up and make a few rounds every hour, and I do go to the bathroom about every 30 minutes (I probably drink about 9 bottles of water at work alone :drinker: ) but that is really just not enough movement for me. I used to work a job where I was on my feet all day, running around and lifting heavy things and that kept me from gaining too much weight (I was still chubby though) but now I don't move at work .

For me, since I don't like to obviously be exercising (I'm not going to lay on the floor and do sit-ups randomly or anything major, because I could get in trouble), I'll lift my legs up level with the floor, either together or one at a time, and try to hold them at that level for as long as possible. I've also started sitting straight on the edge of my chair, tightening my abs and then leaning back and holding it for a 5-10 seconds and then leaning forward again by only moving my stomach.

What I want to know is, are there any little exercises that you do at your desk to help the day go by/ keep you moving/ keep you awake?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My husband has a desk job. He sits on an exercise ball to work his "core" while he sits.
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I sit at my desk most of the day to.... I need to find some simple things I can do too... The only exercise I do will at my desk are Kegals :laugh:
  • TessieAnne
    TessieAnne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of the ladies who works with me has an exercise ball chair in her office. I've thought about stealing it a few times... for the days I'm not wearing a dress. :blushing:
  • TessieAnne
    TessieAnne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I sit at my desk most of the day to.... I need to find some simple things I can do too... The only exercise I do will at my desk are Kegals :laugh:

I do those on occasion as well. :blushing:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    google at work exercises, there is a bunch of desk exercises