Disgusted

Options
Ok I have been eating properly since the 17th, only 2 pounds. I know everyone says it is a lot. I have been trying to get these 15 pounds off for a long time. I go to the gym everyday at 3:30 a.m for 1 hour lots of cardio and weight training. I have actually been in the gym for one year trying to get these pounds off. I have no idea what I may be doing wrong. I can not eat all the calories allowed when I go to the gym 5 days per week, it is too much food. Now what. For what ever reason my body hates carbs even though I love them.:mad:

Replies

• sharon3541
    Options
    Ok I have been eating properly since the 17th, only 2 pounds. I know everyone says it is a lot. I have been trying to get these 15 pounds off for a long time. I go to the gym everyday at 3:30 a.m for 1 hour lots of cardio and weight training. I have actually been in the gym for one year trying to get these pounds off. I have no idea what I may be doing wrong. I can not eat all the calories allowed when I go to the gym 5 days per week, it is too much food. Now what. For what ever reason my body hates carbs even though I love them.:mad:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    ? you lost 2 pounds so what's the problem? It's be less than 2 weeks since you joined.......
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week.. that is really good! A heathly weight lost is 1 or 2lbs a week.. and You have done that... You are doing fine.. as I keep hearing people say, you didn't gain the weight in a week, so how can you lose it in a week.. plus ya body is adjusting to your new food habits.. Give your body time to get fully prepared. You're doing great.. no worries!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I only wish I could loose 2 pounds in 8 days!!! Be proud of yourself, that is 2 pounds less than you had 9 days ago!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Seriously, 2 pounds in 8 days is great. :wink:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Actually 2 lbs in 8 days is good...you don't want to lose more than that (it really is only a week)....slow and steady wins the race....and in the end you will feel better and all together do well...

zen :happy:
  • sharon3541
    Options
    ok your right. I guess I want everything now. TOM coming. I know you are going to laugh, but I really would like to be in a bikini by my 50th it's only 13 pounds to go. I am on a mission I need to stay off the scale. (Which happens to be my enemy). Thanks for lisenting to me B
    ! Encouragement gets you back on track thanks
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    I agree, be proud! I know that if you are working out a lot and NOT eating your workout calories then you are not doing yourself any favors. It is crucial that you eat those calories (whetther you like it or not)! Please see the post, "THE answers to THE questions" It may help you understand how important it is to eat those calories. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sharon3541
    Options
    Thanks
  • sandy709
    sandy709 Posts: 2
    Options
  • sandy709
    sandy709 Posts: 2
    Options
    First off, may I suggest, that you pay attention to how your clothes are fitting, if your pant appears lose, pat yourself on the back, you have done a great job. However if you are seeing no difference, going to the gym (although a great thing to do, espically as we age as women..bone density etc ) you still need to follow an eating plan. You need both to get results that you would like to acheive. Eat your calories :O) Just think, any body builder that you see, didn't just do weights alone, they had an eating plan to go along with it.

In regards to your weight loss, a healthy 5-8 lbs per month is ideal.

A helpful hint.........no starches after 3............protien and veggies for supper. You need your carb/starches earlier in the day to function as it takes your body 4-6 hrs to digest. If not used as body fuel....................it turns to sugar..........fat.............................then hips:O(

All the best.
    sandy709
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Try eating some calorie dense foods like peanut butter on an apple or some LF or regular cheese and whole wheat crackers etc. If you are trying to eat a lot of fiber (veg & fruit) you will have to graze all day long. Eating some higher calorie foods won't kill you, in moderation, plus it is the way you are going to get your calories and start to loose that stubborn 15.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I'd also make sure you are getting all your water. If you really think you should have lost more by now, you may just be retaining water.
  • sharon3541
    Options
    thanks Sandy I will try it that way. YOu have a very good point. I go to bed by 8pm to get up at 3:30, so I eat dinner at 6pm. I will start today with your suggestion, I will let you know how it goes. Have a great weekend.

Sharon:happy:
  • wschafer
    wschafer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am on a mission I need to stay off the scale. (Which happens to be my enemy).

If the scale is your enemy. You must crush it beneath your heel and dispose of it so it never bothers you again.

Seriously weight fluctuates so much for us chicks that its annoying. How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? are better guides.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    If u just started exercising u may have added muscle which weighs more than fat. Give it 2 more weeks.