Help! I need anniversary meal ideas

Options
becky444
becky444 Posts: 145 Member
It is out anniversary this weekend and aside from my usual chicken I dont have any ideas of what to make.

Please help.

Becky

Replies

• ascii75
    ascii75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What other types of things do you like? Shrimp? Fish? Pork Chops?
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    How about seafood? Steak and lobster is a classic anniversary choice, and if you don't add too much butter to your meal it can be quite healthy too. My dad used to make it for my family all the time on special occasions.

And of course some chocolate ^_^ Maybe fruit and a small dark chocolate fondue?
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Something to drink would be nice:smokin:

JK I'mma in a silly mood tonite
  • becky444
    Options
    The only thing I dont like is fish.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    make a couple of Fillet Minion's, with a side of Mashed cauliflower (or whipped parsnips is good too) and a baked sweet potato.

then for desert you can make a layered 2 flavor sugar free jello pudding with fat free cool whip on top and toped with fresh strawberry puree. I.E. pudding layer, whipped cream layer, pudding layer, then whipped cream on top with the puree and a few blueberries on top for presentation.

That's a great meal, good for you, about 500 to 600 calories total of GOOD calories, hits basically all the food groups in the right amounts (maybe a little extra on the protein but oh well) Fillet's are lower in fat then most types of beef cuts so that's a bonus. And if you do a good enough job whipping the cauliflower, you almost can't tell the difference between that and potatoes.
  • becky444
    Options
    thanks for all of the ideas.
  • ascii75
    ascii75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't have very elaborate tastes, but here are some of my favs:
    1.) Grilled shrimp, rice, and mushrooms: buy the cooked shrimp in the frozen foods section. "Sautee" it in the skillet with some fake butter spray (take the lid off and pour about 2 Tbsp it in the skillet) and minced garlic. I like to add some seasoned salt and a little more butter spray to the prepared rice. Sautee the mushrooms or just use canned ones.

2.) Calzones: brown 1 lb crumbled ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken). Roll out 1 tube of Pillsbury Pizza Crust (found by the biscuits in the grocery store). Cut the crust into fourths, like a plus sign, not an X. Spread some pizza sauce onto the crust sections. Cut some Hormel turkey pepperoni into fourths. Top the crust sections with the ground meat, pepperonis, shredded cheese and any other toppings you like. Fold the sides of the crust over so the "toppings" are covered, make the crust like an envelope. Spray the outside with some cooking spray and sprinkle a little parmesan over it. Bake at the temp listed on the crust until the crust browns.

3.) Pork Chops: pour equal amounts of worcestershire sauce and soy sauce into the skillet. Heat the skillet on Med-High until the sauces start to bubble a little. If you want to, season the chops with whatever you like and then add them to the skillet. When the liquids start to cook up, add some chicken broth. Add more of the sauces and/or broth as needed. Cook and turn the chops until they are finished. I like a good baked potato and green beans with this. But, again, I am of simple tastes. :-)

I hope that helps, or at least sparks some ideas for your next meal. ENJOY! Let us know what you end up making
  • becky444
    Options
    I joke as I am from the "land of bland" where ketchup is a spice. This last post about simple tastes is me.

I really dont want to do anything but it is our anniversary so maybe I will convince him for us to do a hike after the soccer games on Sat instead of a big meal.