Having trouble losing weight because of my religion?

Options
Hello all,

My religion (Pastafarianism) requires me to worship my lord by eating pasta every day. Pasta is delicious but it's high in calories and carbs. I considered wheat pasta, but He is angered when people eat that kind, so that is not an option. Has anyone run into problems like this before? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Replies

• theberg
    theberg Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello all,

My religion (Pastafarianism) requires me to worship my lord by eating pasta every day. Pasta is delicious but it's high in calories and carbs. I considered wheat pasta, but He is angered when people that kind, so that is not an option. Has anyone run into problems like this before? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Someone is a redditor.
  • bonbon_bee
    bonbon_bee Posts: 10
    Options
    Does Pastafarianism require that you eat solely semolina or can you also eat brown rice pasta? Check that out. There's also tofu pasta that you may be able to check out. I would consult someone higher up in your religion and see what they think.

May you be touched by His noodly appendage.
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

My religion (Pastafarianism) requires me to worship my lord by eating pasta every day. Pasta is delicious but it's high in calories and carbs. I considered wheat pasta, but He is angered when people that kind, so that is not an option. Has anyone run into problems like this before? Thanks in advance for your advice!

HAHAHA
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Some people here swear by shiratake noodles, which are made of a super-low calorie starch, but can be kind of stinky if you don't rinse them completely.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Nonsense, I have seen His Noodly Appendages rendered in cardboard, which is brown, and they were not stuck dead by a meatball, so He approves. As His children are of different colors and are all equal in His meatballs, so are His Noodly Appendages.

As long as you are wearing full pirate regalia to fight global warming, you're good.
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Don't you mean "His Noodliness"?
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta 3 or 4 times a week and apply strict portion control, just as I do to all of the other starches in my diet. No big deal, really. You just have to train your eyes and stomach to accept 56g, dry weight, as a normal full sized serving.
  • panthersfly
    panthersfly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did, but I couldn't remember how to spell it.
  • panthersfly
    panthersfly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta 3 or 4 times a week and apply strict portion control, just as I do to all of the other starches in my diet. No big deal, really. You just have to train your eyes and stomach to accept 56g, dry weight, as a normal full sized serving.

Thank you! This is helpful. Pasta is cheap and delicious.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a carbaholic and as long as I eat under my calories I don't care if I go over my carbs for the day. Is rather be happy and eat what I want then be miserable to lose weight faster.