"new" incredible food discovery!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
I was in the store last night looking for something to change up breakfast and discovered Smucker's Sugar Free Jellies. What great stuff!! Taste great and incredibly low in calories (only 10 calories per tablespoon!) and carbs (5), no cholesterol or fat-and NO SODIUM!!!!!!!! That's the best part of those of us also battling HBP.

Throw a little Splenda on top of it and it tastes just like regular jelly. Tastes better than fake butter spread AND is lower in calories, fat, or sodium than that spread,too.

There's different flavors but it appears they all have the same nutritional information

Here's the info--

Smuckers Sugar Free Grape Jam
Servings: 1 tablespoon
Calories: 10
Sodium: 0 mg
Total Fat: 0 g
Potassium: 0 mg
Saturated: 0 g
Total Carbs: 5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Sugars: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    I was in the store last night looking for something to change up breakfast and discovered Smucker's Sugar Free Jellies. What great stuff!! Taste great and incredibly low in calories (only 10 calories per tablespoon!) and carbs (5), no cholesterol or fat-and NO SODIUM!!!!!!!! That's the best part of those of us also battling HBP.

Throw a little Splenda on top of it and it tastes just like regular jelly. Tastes better than fake butter spread AND is lower in calories, fat, or sodium than that spread,too.

There's different flavors but it appears they all have the same nutritional information

Here's the info--

• Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Where is it located in the store?
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like it too! It's really great if you stir a little in your ordinary plain and healthy oatmeal! Also, it sounds gross, but I like to stir some in cottage cheese for a little sweet kick! Actually, condiments are why I eat everything else on my plate.:laugh:
  • shorerider
    Options
    You can find it with the regular jellies and jams--at least that's where it was at in my local store.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have often seen them but never tried any out. Now I know someone that has tried it and says it's good. Do you really feel you need to add the splenda? Or does it not taste good without it?
  • shorerider
    Options
    I think it tastes ok without the splenda--not sweet though, so that's why i add the Splenda. I tried it without it and it was ok but the Splenda made it better. Might try it with some Peanut Butter later, too.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    It's good on the Thomas Light Multi-grain muffins too.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    This + PB2 + Multigrain fat free bread = A GREAT PB+J SANDWICH!!!!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: You are all making mef hungry !! Great to know....Thanks for the info.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I buy the organic, sugar free "apple butter" in the healthy section of the grocery store. (Ingredients: apples, concentrated apple juice) It tastes less sweet, pretty tart, but once you get used to it--YUM!

Also, I buy the peanut butter where the ingredients are "peanuts, oil"

No high-fructose corn syrup for us!!! (Okay, in some things, but you just can't avoid that stuff completely!)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The smuckers sugar free jellies are good. I have some of the orange preserves in my fridge right now. They are less sweet (they taste more like the fruit than a normal jelly... so orange tastes like orange, not super sick sweet orange), and have a slightly different consistancy from normal jelly. BUT they are really good on their own :)
  • shorerider
    Options
    Sugar free apple butter?? OOOOOOHHHHH---gotta have that!! I'm going to have to look to see if that's in our local store, too. We love in a very rural area, so not sure the local groceries will have it.
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options

Here's the info--

I love these! My favorite is the blueberry one! MMMM....
  • jesusgrl14
    Options

Here's the info--

I love these! My favorite is the blueberry one! MMMM.... :smooched:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Ok, don't know what happened there but I didn't know that I could NOT delete a post I made. What is up with that? :mad: