dont want to eat back exercise calories

Options
im am trying to up my calorie intake to 1200 so i can lose weight i am generally a snacker and with 2 small children i forget to eat meals so have been finding it hard.
i go to the gym 3 times aweek and lose about 400-500 calories and im upposed to eat those back how? im not hungry and dont really want to so what am i supposed to do

Replies

• ready2tryagain42
    Options
    If I am hungry I eat those exercise calories back...not all of them..but some. People here on MFP will tell you to eat or not eat them. It is up to you..if you are hungry I say eat them....
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say your body still needs the calories whether or not you feel 'hungry'. But yeah, whatever works for you really. It's all about experimenting and seeing how your body responds. Just make sure you give it at least 3 or 4 weeks whenever you make a change, as it can take a while for your body to adjust.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    im am trying to up my calorie intake to 1200 so i can lose weight i am generally a snacker and with 2 small children i forget to eat meals so have been finding it hard.
    i go to the gym 3 times aweek and lose about 400-500 calories and im upposed to eat those back how? im not hungry and dont really want to so what am i supposed to do

if you have been eating low calorie for a while you have trained your body to NOT be hungry.
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How do you have time for the gym but no time to eat? I don't force myself to eat my workout calories back unless I'm hungry. I usually end up eating about half of them. I just make sure to at LEAST net my BMR.
  • Mamawood74
    Mamawood74 Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back. That's what helps me lose each week. Make sure you are getting enough calories for your body to function. If not it will go into starvation mode and it will be hard to lose weight. I try to eat a little something about every 3 hours. This was a suggestion from a doctor friend of mine. It helps to keep my energy level up and get necessary calories. Hope this helps.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Try to eat more calorie dense foods, peanut butter, avacado etc....a small amount can add more calories and not fill you up to where your feeling stuffed...since you eat so little now....