Sometimes perspective takes a picture

I struggle daily with my body image. When you see yourself every day, it can be difficult to notice the changes your body has gone thru. My wife did up this picture. Me her and our two boys and her and I just before we left for my sister-in-laws graduation. I know I've had to replace my wardrobe and most of my old clothes I can put on over the new ones (with room to spare at that) but this image really helped put in perspective where I am now.

AEiE3.jpg

direct link since it cut of my arm... if you're interested.
http://i.imgur.com/AEiE3.jpg

I've got a bit left to lose, but I really have come a long way. (Shhh, I know, I'm in bad need of a hair cut.)

Replies

• tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Wow! You look great. Congrats!
  • theberg
    theberg Posts: 80
    Wow! You look great. Congrats!

Thanks, replacing my all my clothes with stuff that fits has helped a lot too. It's easier to feel good when your clothes fit as opposed to feeling frumpy because they are all too big. It's helped with the confidence too.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
    Thats awesome. I can see so much difference! Sometimes it does take pictures to make it real,either good or bad.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Great work!

Your wife did a really sweet thing for you =)
  • JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 68
    What a fantastic example of what can be accomplished! Congrats :)
  • Joy201
    Joy201 Posts: 41 Member
    Fantastic weight loss!!!
  • theberg
    Great work!

Your wife did a really sweet thing for you =)

Thanks! And don't fool yourself, she did it for her. She's lost 40 some odd pounds too... She's a good woman, lacks judgement sometimes (I mean, she did marry me) but good none the less.
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    You look Great! It is difficult to see the changes in ourselves. Pictures are a fabulous tool into reality!
    Congratulations!
  • theberg
    You look Great! It is difficult to see the changes in ourselves. Pictures are a fabulous tool into reality!
    Congratulations!

Thanks. Being a bigger person I avoided the camera a lot. I've got some other pics that are kind of disturbing to see.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 146 Member
    I struggle daily with my body image. When you see yourself every day, it can be difficult to notice the changes your body has gone thru. My wife did up this picture. Me her and our two boys and her and I just before we left for my sister-in-laws graduation. I know I've had to replace my wardrobe and most of my old clothes I can put on over the new ones (with room to spare at that) but this image really helped put in perspective where I am now.

AEiE3.jpg

direct link since it cut of my arm... if you're interested.
    http://i.imgur.com/AEiE3.jpg

I've got a bit left to lose, but I really have come a long way. (Shhh, I know, I'm in bad need of a hair cut.)

You are doing great, you should be very proud. By the way..ya'll are a beautiful couple :).
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Great photos and a great looking family, you should both be very proud of your progress and the fact that your lifestyle will encourage the cheeky looking chaps in the picture. I bet that they are a blast. Well done, very inspiring, thanks for sharing.
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    AMEN !! YES What a difference a year can make!! You look fantastic, congrats on your hard work and continued sucess.
    I often feel the same way ( I only see the fat girl in the mirror). Someone suggested doing a side by side photo shoot. Tomorrow I run the Chase corporate challenge, I have a pic from last year so I plan on doing just that.

Again.....awesome job !!
  • theberg
    You are doing great, you should be very proud. By the way..ya'll are a beautiful couple :).
    Thanks... Although, she makes me look much better than I really do.
    ...cheeky looking chaps in the picture. I bet that they are a blast...

Blast, yeah, that's one word for them.... We will be heading off to the pool soon. Hopefully I will get some peace :D
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    YOU look great! Congrats on your loss
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss!! You look great! I had to do this for my husband too...he is still stuck in the "fat guy" mentality. I have to tell him to change his clothes all the time because he wears his shorts from 90 lbs ago!!! Silly men :)

ps. You have a gorgeous family!
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    :flowerforyou: You and your wife are a sharp looking couple!!! Right out of the magazine pages for both of you! Congrats to you and your wife on your weight loss! I look forward to having a similar picture to share!
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Congrats! Your wife looks great as well. What a great life changing thing for both of you. :)
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Fab loss hun, you really can see the difference! Well done :)
  • theberg
    Fab loss hun, you really can see the difference! Well done :)

Thanks, now to get rid of the last of the belly :D
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    GREAT JOB!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!