Trauma related weight gain?

Options
Okay, so I've been debating writing this post for a while now because #1 it's tough telling your business to people, and #2 I'm not looking for pity or sympathy and I don't want people to think that that's what I'm after.

BUT, today I had my yearly physical and although I've been working out and trying to watch what I eat, I haven't lost a pound! I was hoping that now that I'm not lying in bed all day every day, I've working out, and I'm eating better, that the weight would start to fall off. It's not. So, the point of this post is I'm hoping to get some support from people who have been through something and have found how to get their bodies working for them again. I've never weighed this much (without being pregnant) and even when I did gain a few pounds in the past, I lost it relatively easily.

So, just a quick synopsis. I lost my 16 year old son suddenly on June 24, 2010. I didn't fall into a depression until probably about 6 months later when the shock wore off and then I laid in bed pretty much all day every day. Obviously, I gained weight. I know stress has been a factor, but I no longer feel like I'm in a black hole so stress should be less of a factor than it was.

Any suggestion (besides telling me to have patience because I have none!) is welcome!

Replies

• w1thh3art
    w1thh3art Posts: 17
    Options
    Also, if anyone has any suggestions for what to do on the days that hit you harder than other, I'd love to hear them! The anniversary is coming up and I find I'm having more tough days lately. Thanks!