Whey Protein Powder

Options
Hey! What do you guys think is the best whey protein powder on the market? I'd like one that has stevia or a natural sweetner rather than aspertame, sucralose, etc. And of course, I'd like one with a good amount of protein and good taste. :) I have tried Jillian Michaels Whey protein but wondering what else is out there and tastes good but without the artificial sweeteners.

Replies

• Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options
    My opinion, as always, is to actually buy whey protein powder. Not protein shakes. Whey Protein Isolate, pure and unadulterated, will give you more protein per dollar and doesn't have silly flavors and sweeteners in it. You can add it to anything and it won't change the flavor of the food. If you want a sweet shake, mix it with a frozen banana and some water and you don't need any sweeteners..
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I buy Cheap Walmart stuff. Im not trying to be Mr. Universe. Im just trying to get protein into my body fast. Inexpensive and pretty decent nutrients....Like six Star or muscle tech or something.

Id rather eat chicken but this is faster
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I buy MRM Whey Protein powder. You can buy it on bodybuilder.com or you can also get great deals on amazon.com. I think its about $17 for a 2 lb container of it.
  • rxj22
    rxj22 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey! What do you guys think is the best whey protein powder on the market? I'd like one that has stevia or a natural sweetner rather than aspertame, sucralose, etc. And of course, I'd like one with a good amount of protein and good taste. :) I have tried Jillian Michaels Whey protein but wondering what else is out there and tastes good but without the artificial sweeteners.

Try truenutrition.com. You can pick stevia as your sweetener and save money by buying in bulk. I have no financial interest in this company, but I do personally purchase and use their products and am satisfied with the results.
  • nreamon
    nreamon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is a great brand...
  • rxj22
    rxj22 Posts: 23
    Options
    The OP had requested proteins with no artificial sweetners, such as sucralose or aspartame.
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really don't need to have a sweetener in the powder itself. I usually mix it with water and some fruit. It seems like I've only found ones that do have a sweetener in them and it's usually the artificial kind. I would actually love one with no sweeteners of any kind!
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    SFH also makes a "natural" one that has no added flavors or sweeteners. Smells awful (like baby formula) but tastes fine. They also use grass-fed if that matters.

http://www.strongerfasterhealthier.com/products/whey_protein
  • FalvoPS
    FalvoPS Posts: 25
    Options
    I like Dymatize. The flavors are decent and DPSNutrition.net has awesome prices. 5lb. for $28
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I really like Syntha 6 - the strawberry flavor tastes like a shake, reasonably priced.