Calling all Joggers :)

Options
Hello everyone :smokin:

I'm 5'3 CW 186 GW 145.

I'm kick starting my jogging start June 1st !
Did C25K and completed a 5K run in 40 minutes. I stopped jogging due to a busy scheduled and many other EXCUSES :P Because I know that's what they are. To start, tI plan to Jog at least 3 times a week and do zumba on non jogging days :)

Need Jogging friends for support and inspiration :)

Replies

• rosiecotton
    rosiecotton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I also like to run! Just signed up for my first half marathon for October and would love it if we could motivate each other to reach our goals! Running 3x a week is a great plan, but I hafta warn you, it kinda becomes addicting lol. Friend request is on it's way!
  • osutuba
    osutuba Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been running for a couple years now. Right now my miles are really low due to a strained IT band. :-( I would love to add any other runners as friends! Feel free to add. :)
  • skybluesounds
    Options
    i love running! i can run a 5k in like thirty five mins! three miles used to be the farthest i would run, but i did self drop 10 high intensity interval cardio workouts for five weeks, and they REALLY helped my endurance! you do three a week, but I also add in a few workouts of my own so that i run about 5/6 times a week. on week 5 i ran six miles without stopping! The link for the workouts is here: http://www.self.com/drop10#slide=1 they have two sets of five weeks of hiit cardio workouts! you have to sign up but they are great!
  • Xxlovinlife2012Xx
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me, I am training for a 1/2 marathon in November so running is my life right now
  • grinch333
    grinch333 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a runner too! My husband and I began a weight loss journey last August with MFP and he lost 42 lbs and I lost 12. Once I reached my goal I stopped working out. VERY bad move. Now I have put on almost 7 of those pounds back on and I want to take them off again. i plan on doing that by running again. I plan on picking a race and register for it and start myself in a training program. I need motivation so maybe we can help each other. I plan on going for a run tomorrow morning. I hope I can get this extra weight off in time to enjoy the second half of summer and get myself a new swimsuit!
    Wish me luck!!
    Tracy
  • chantelmjones
    Options
    I would love to join you. I am starting the C25K as well. I'm actually doing Zumba today. Add me ;-)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love running, but I only just started a month ago. I can only do a mile at a time and I can do it in 13 minutes. An improvement from before, but I'm still working on doing it in less!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm a jogging newbie :)

Doing C25K, completed Week 6 Day 2 today - did a double session so I jogged for a total of 40 minutes (longest every in my entire life) - broken down into 4 10 minute jogs.

Some day I will say that I am training for a half marathon!
  • SarahLost
    SarahLost Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and new to running. I started running/jogging last December and have completed a few races: 8k, 5k, 10k, and just recently my first half marathon last weekend. I'm proud to say I jogged the entire time, without any walking breaks! :)

I've lost 20lbs since December and am looking only to lose about 5 more. Please feel free to contact me for any questions. It's addicting, just like this site is!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am a runner now too! I can run a 5k in 26 minutes, a 10k in a 55 min. and in 3 weeks I am doing my first 1/2 marathon! I would love to be friends with other runners!! It does get addicting but so worth it!! Good luck everyone!!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I love to run! Doing my 2nd half marathon on June 16th! Feel free to add me! Thanks!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half marathon July 22nd. Started running in November of last year and was never a runner before this. I do run/walk intervals. Add me if you like.
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    you can add me!! i'm doing an 8 week training period..i'm on week 4 and going to run in my 2nd 5k in 4weeks...my first race was a month ago..never a runner and only had a weeks notice...my goal was 45 mins since i had NO clue what to expect and I came in at 38.58!

after these 8 weeks i'm hoping to be in the 30 ish range.

i loveeee running and its been a life dream of mine.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I completed the c25k in Jan and the bridge to 10k and starting my first half marathon training next week...will send over a friend request and please anyone that loves running feel free to add me!
  • tinkerbelltanya
    Options
    hi

i am also doing the C25K on week 2 going ok although I find the running up hill hard its good interesting to see how many others are also doing this. I am also about to start the clean and lean plan i would like to loose about 2 stone count me in
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hey! :smile: I'm finishing up C25K this week and my first 5k is this Saturday! I'm so excited!!! I'd never ran in my life until I decided to do C25K and I was shocked to find that I actually love running! Feel free to add me, all of you!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I decided after doing a 5K that I would like to try a half marathon - so I am training for that - jogging/running about 4 times per week. Friend me if you'd like. I'm not new to running, but getting back into it. I'm not a fast runner - going more for the endurance than anything else.
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Started running again January of this year. Had an accident a few years back and it left me with a limp that made running uncomfortable. I love to cycle and that really helped me in so many ways. I'm turning 50 this November and I'm giving myself my 1st 1/2 marathon in September. I run 3 times a week and continually improve my mileage. Feel free to add me. Good Luck!
    Dan
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i just finished c25k a couple of weeks ago from never being a runner to finishing my first 10k on sunday..running was meant to be an alternate work out to bike riding and boxing, but now, running is all I do. I'd be happy to be your running friend!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I love running too. I have a knee that likes to act up so I battle that all the time. I just started Ease into 10K a few weeks ago to try and push my mileage and I recently added hills!