Anyone over 40 with over 50 pounds to lose?

Options
I'd love to have as many friends on here as possible to keep me on track. I am ready to do this, but nothing I've done has worked. I've tried every diet known to man and then some! I'm convinced the only "diet" that is going to work is just eating healthier and exercising. So that's what I plan to do. But I have SUCH a huge sweet tooth! And I really don't like to exercise :) So that's a problem. I could use all of the pushing and nagging I can get to keep me on track!

I'm a teacher who is off for the summer, so no time like the present! Please add me if you want to help encourage and keep each other on track! Good luck everyone!

Michelle

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and have lost 40 of the 50 pounds I want to lose, now working on the last 10... feel free to add me!
  • klalaw
    klalaw Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, and have lost about 30 pounds so far, looking to lose another 40-60. Feel free to add me as well!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

I am definitely over 40 and have at least 50 lbs to lose so please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like. I love to support, encourage and motivate people. You can do this and we are all here for you!!!

Bev
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    hi Michelle -
    Yes - I fit your profile. I'll be 48 this summer - lost about 22 lbs so far and have another 40 to go to meet my goal. My wife and I leave Sunday for a 25th anniversary cruise - so my goal next week is to limit the weight gain on the cruise to a couple of pounds and then get right back to it when we return!! Friend me if you like.
    Vince
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm in the Same boat as you. I dislike exercise so am having a bit of a tough time. I am 42 and I have lost 7 of the 50 lbs I need/want to lose. Feel free to add me - I log In everyday.

Good luck on your journey!

Cheryl
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in there with you. I have trouble keeping my mind going in the right direction. I'd like to be a friend but I can't remember how to do it.(I'm a good bit over 40)!
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    hello, i'm 52 and 65lbs to lose. Its a slow start for me but i'm positive....:smile: It wii be good to share the journy :flowerforyou:
  • gogirl110
    gogirl110 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am over 40 and have well over 50 pounds to lose. We can do this!!!!
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and depending on which day I weigh myself I am currently between 49 and 52 lbs lighter than at my heaviest! I would love to help you with your goals :smile:
  • Laurielronic
    Laurielronic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am close to 40. I will be even closer in a couple of months when I turn 39. Am I close enough? I do have over 50 lbs to lose. I love this site and all the friends I have made along my journey so far. Good luck to you!! :happy:
  • blackdoggrfr1
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 100lbs.I also feel that i need that push.I have a gym member ship and i dont even go.I feel if i had a workout partner i would.This is so much tougher than i thought.hang in there.Good luck to your weight lose goal.:smile:
  • lsalyers1972
    Options
    i am 40 and have lost 18 lbs so far, would like to lose another 40-50.. Feel free to add me as well.. I also need all the encouragement i can get..
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I am 41(soon) and have lost almost 50 pounds, u can add me
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 49 on the 22nd and have about 60 lbs to lose. I just recently lost 25 lbs. You can feel free to add me.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    43 years old.
    I've lost 39 of the approximate 85 pounds I want to lose. Current weight is 221.

I've actually ran a 5K recently, yes ran the whole thing.
    This weekend I will be doing a Warrior Dash.
    This body does not look in shape, but I am getting there.
  • barians
    barians Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    49 with 60 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    41 single mom of 2 teens. I"m almost 15 lbs into my 65 lb weight loss, its a tough road, it does get easier but we do need all the help we can get! Add me if you would like.
  • StephieSims
    Options
    Hi Michelle! I'm turning 44 next month in June and I feel like I'm sliding right into a mid-life crisis with this weigh loss drama :( I lost 70 pounds in 2007 and I've needed to lose 60 more ever since. Like you, I've tried every diet, non-diet, meditation, TV show, and getting-in-touch-with-the-inner-me program that has caught my attention and nothing has worked. I'd really love some friends on here to help keep me on track and I promise to do the same, so feel free to add me!! :o)

Stephie
  • mscarr51
    mscarr51 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am over 40 and just getting started. Download this about a month ago, but did nothing. today I said I got to lose some weight. So add me and through some help this way,
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm over 40
    I'vev lost over 50 lbs
    And I have over 50 more to lose.

Let's lose together!