Calling all Joggers :)

Options

Replies

• jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    I have found running as well. Anyone feel free to add me, but I must warn you first - I pretty much talk about running and nothing else while on here. So if you add me, be prepared for running overload. That said, I support all my friends in all their fitness quests, so it's not like I expect everyone else to be as single-minded as me.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    running has been my regimen for about 5 years now. I do it near daily and my wife and I do 5k's and the firecracker 4 mile run on the 4th of July every year... I take one day off a week and then feel guilty!! add me all and let's do this thing!!
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Runner here, also signing up for a half marathon in September if everything goes according to plan. Doing a running program w/the husband (more for him than for me) through the local running store starting in the end of June. Looking forward to it! Just added you, love to have more friends :flowerforyou:
  • lyfurlong
    lyfurlong Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too had a strained IT band and the best thing i ever did was invest in a foam roller. worked wonders. Feel free to add me!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Started running Jan. this year....so far I can make it 8.5 miles easy peasy LOL!! I have my first ever race coming up on Sunday, a 10k but I am also training for a half marathon in September!! I absolutely LOVE running and would pick it over any other workout!! Anyone can feel free to add me....I love sharing ideas and tips!! :)
  • ImTooXCforMyShirt
    Options
    Hey! I'm in training for cross country running season. I'd love to have 'running buddies', to be motivated and get motivation from! Any running questions? I'd be happy to help (:
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not quite up to jogging or running yet, but I'm working on it and really hope to be a jogger or runner one day!

Add me if you like :)
  • dazzyshaw
    dazzyshaw Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I am running a half marathon in June and try and run at least 3 times a week if anybody thinks I may a use full MFP friend please feel free to add .
  • spartangirl79
    Options
    Started running Jan. this year....so far I can make it 8.5 miles easy peasy LOL!! I have my first ever race coming up on Sunday, a 10k but I am also training for a half marathon in September!! I absolutely LOVE running and would pick it over any other workout!! Anyone can feel free to add me....I love sharing ideas and tips!! :)

That is AWESOME.

I have been running fairly regularly for almost 15 years, and NEVER made any progress... just discovered I might have exercise-induced asthma that has been holding me back. Got an inhaler and am so excited for the day I will be able to say I can do 8.5 miles "easy peasy" and not feel like I am going to die and have my lungs explode! :drinker:
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im on week 6 day 3 of C25k and plan on running in my first 5k this weekend. I know I'm not ready for that just yet but I won a free entry.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME.

I have been running fairly regularly for almost 15 years, and NEVER made any progress... just discovered I might have exercise-induced asthma that has been holding me back. Got an inhaler and am so excited for the day I will be able to say I can do 8.5 miles "easy peasy" and not feel like I am going to die and have my lungs explode! :drinker:

What kind of inhaler did they give you? I just saw the doc for this and they prescribed me something but when I filled it at the pharmacy, they gave it to me as a nasal inhaler. That's not what I was thinking.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a runner. Began last year, did 4 5-K's, a fun-run miler, that lead me up to running the Broad Street 10 miler earlier this month and a 5 miler the weekend after. My first half-marathon is in September (109 days.. yikes!). Love the running support and if you are on Facebook, there's an Unofficial Runners World Running Streak group to join with lots of encouragement as well!

Best of luck!! =) And with the weight loss, you DO get faster!

Angela
  • Meevz
    Meevz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running. Its my favorite and sometimes only exercise. Feel free to add me!
  • spartangirl79
    Options

That is AWESOME.

What kind of inhaler did they give you? I just saw the doc for this and they prescribed me something but when I filled it at the pharmacy, they gave it to me as a nasal inhaler. That's not what I was thinking.

Hmm, that is weird. They gave me albuterol, not sure what the brand name was off the top of my head.

After just one run, I noticed my recovery was almost instant -- no gasping for breath for 15-20 minutes after my run. I am so excited about finally being the runner I have always WANTED to be! Cannot believe it took 15 years for this diagnosis, and hello... my FRIEND suggested it, not even my doctor. :noway:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME.

Hmm, that is weird. They gave me albuterol, not sure what the brand name was off the top of my head.

After just one run, I noticed my recovery was almost instant -- no gasping for breath for 15-20 minutes after my run. I am so excited about finally being the runner I have always WANTED to be! Cannot believe it took 15 years for this diagnosis, and hello... my FRIEND suggested it, not even my doctor. :noway:

It was my husband! I have been running since August 3 x a week with the exception of a week here or there to rehab my knee. In that amount of time, I am still gasping for air. He has asthma and was running with me recently and said- you are wheezing a lot. We ran a few more times together and he said- I think you have asthma, which is why it could be hard for you to go longer.

The one she gave me is called Cromolyn. I am waiting for her to call me back because I am fairly sure she meant for me to take it by mouth!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've been running since March...feel free to add me if you wish!
  • spartangirl79
    Options

That is AWESOME.

It was my husband! I have been running since August 3 x a week with the exception of a week here or there to rehab my knee. In that amount of time, I am still gasping for air. He has asthma and was running with me recently and said- you are wheezing a lot. We ran a few more times together and he said- I think you have asthma, which is why it could be hard for you to go longer.

The one she gave me is called Cromolyn. I am waiting for her to call me back because I am fairly sure she meant for me to take it by mouth!

That is very interesting. I always run alone so of course no one would have ever guessed this... I used to own a fitness boot camp and was very good at hiding my terrible endurance (ie stopping to yell out instructions while the group kept running, or whatever). I cannot believe this has been my problem for so long. 15 years of running and still can't go more than a mile without stopping to walk, and forget about jogging and talking!

Let me know what your doc says -- I did read about that inhaler, too. I know that albuterol can be taken as a pill, too, but that was supposed to be for people with regular asthma, not just the exercise-induced kind, I think.

Oops, sorry to jack your thread, OP! :flowerforyou:
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I would also love some other runner friends. I'm signing up for 2 races this summer and have begun running more often. I've been doing it for over a year and ran only 1 race so far. My problem is, I didn't see much of a bigger weight loss when I added in running to my regular exercise. Now, I've never pushed myself past running 3 miles at a time either. I think it's fear maybe. Not quite sure what I'm afraid of but is that it? I'm not running enough for it to affect my weightloss? But anyway, add me if you like. :happy:
  • DaoneandonlyMe
    DaoneandonlyMe Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great ! Thanks for those that sent me a request , I have sent request to others..If I didn't get a chance to add you ..go ahead and add me .!
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started out walking, then completed the C25K and now run 45-50 miles a week. I have completed over 10 5Ks, a 7.5K, 2 10Ks, a half marathon and am training for a marathon on 7/14/2012. The thing about running is it can be done anywhere, by anyone and it is hard to get exercise that burns more calories in a shorter period of time. You can do it!