What's the best thing to do after binging??

Options
We all mess up at some point or another.......................what's the best thing to do if we do over indulge ridiculously!??

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I tell myself it's not the end of the world, brush it off and keep on going. Maybe take the kids for an extra walk or something. I'm in this for the long haul so I don't want to live the rest of my days without the occassional treat or something.
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tell myself it's not the end of the world, brush it off and keep on going. Maybe take the kids for an extra walk or something. I'm in this for the long haul so I don't want to live the rest of my days without the occassional treat or something.

I 2nd that!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    We all mess up at some point or another.......................what's the best thing to do if we do over indulge ridiculously!??

Make sure it's a while before you do it again.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I usually take a nap.
  • PSmillie
    PSmillie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Someone once made this comparison for me: "If you trip going down the stairs, are you going to try to catch yourself or just throw yourself down the rest of the way?"

Just catch yourself. Drink a lot of water and flush all that crap out of there.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water to help stabilize your blood sugar!!! Then get back on track. No big deal, It happens!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I get in a killer workout and then don't sweat it =)
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Do your best to get back on track. Stay strong and remember your goals and how good it feels and how you look after you work out and eat healthy
  • lubnanoor38
    Options
    Give yourself a break and relax. Tomorrows another day to start over. Remember the bloated feeling of overindulging and use it to remind you when you feel like binging again. That's what I did today.
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you trip going down the stairs, are you going to try to catch yourself or just throw yourself down the rest of the way?"

LOVE THE QUOTE YOU ARE SO RIGHT!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Tums and a good burp.

Then, unless it's a party situation, take a look at my life and see if there's anything that needs tweaking. Maybe I hadn't been eating enough, maybe it's depression kicking in, etc.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

I 2nd that!

agreed!
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Ditto
  • milleric
    milleric Posts: 25
    Options
    Whoops, wrong binge
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    PURGE!
    Just kidding.. don't do that.
    If I eat more than I planned and am feeling particularly shameful about it, I first try to figure out why I did it. Sometimes there's a clear reason- sometimes there isn't. However, identifying your triggers can be very helpful.
    I also make sure I drink a TON of water to flush out any excess sodium I ate. Water retention can make a medium-size binge look like an extra-large on the scale.
    Rather than starving yourself the next day, maybe make some small, easy reductions over the next week.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I try to get back on track the next day. Drink a lot of water and say tomorrow is another day... :)
  • amberwallbridge
    amberwallbridge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i go to bed and when i wake up in the morning i would have forgot that i felt guilty.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I have messed up too. I usually just get back on my diet and exercise a little more.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Get on with things the next day, drink a ton of water and do not weigh until the extra sodium is gone :) And most importantly don't berate myself about it :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Learn what the behaviors are that trigger the impulse to overeat and learn to change that behavior so it doesnt happen again...