First day here

Options
GeoffinAZ
GeoffinAZ Posts: 11 Member
In August of 2010 I decided that I really needed to lose my weight. I stepped on the scale that morning fully nude and it said 467. That was the highest I have ever been in my life. I have always been fat but had about 2 times where I was considered healthy. I did the right things and have lost 100 pounds so far. My issue is that I hit the 100 pound mark about 9 months ago. I have been fluctuating anywhere from 470 to 485 since.

Continuing to work out is a bit hard right now as I have a current medical issue that prevents any hard workouts. I do walk my dog at least a mile every single day.

I need to get back on track and get back to business. When I weighed myself today, I was 367, back to the original 100 pound lost. I am glad I found this community and I look forward to sharing my progress.

Replies

• brhaunparks
    brhaunparks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey. I'm on every day and if you want feel free to add me.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! We're all in this together...

Feel free to add me for support if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Good luck to you from one hockey lover to another!! Would love to help motivate and support...feel free to add me :)
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I also have been sitting at about 100 pound loss for a while but since I came back from vacation I'm ready to go again. I weighed this morning after returning yesterday and it appears I'm down 2 more pounds. I was really worried about gaining while I was gone. Everyone wanted to go to Golden Corral and other places. I even ate at on the border once. But evidently I was able to restrain myself so I am happy to see the results. I have come to the conclusion that to gain you have to go over every day for several days. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.
  • GeoffinAZ
    GeoffinAZ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. Looks like this is a fantastic community.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    GOD BLESS you young man. You have come so far and done so well. Our oldest son has had 1 artery completely blocked and another 75%. He was brought back to life 3 times in ER...I thank GOD for that. He did quit smoking..lost about 30 lbs...but had a ruptured colon..etc...so many problems....I admire you so much for tackling this head on. May God bles you on this journey to be and find the man you want to be. I have lost 35 lbs since Jan 20th . It does take a lot of hard work and perseverance but with your marvelous attitude I am certain you will be successful. If you want an older lady for a friend , I am on here every day, so add me if you would like. Good luck , and please don't quit ! ;)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me
  • FelicityArtifex
    Options
    Hi, my first day too! Good luck!
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are already an inspiration, 100 pounds lost....wow! You have done great and you can continue on the forward path. Good luck. You can add me if you'd like as can anyone.
  • jmart53
    jmart53 Posts: 47
    Options
    100 pounds is a GREAT thing. Sounds like your heading in the right direction. Doing it the MFP way is a little slower but that's how it should be done. You will love this site, the people are great and the support is amazing I was gone for awhile and started back up a few weeks ago. Feel free to friend me if you like. We all need the support. Good luck to you on your weight lose journey.
  • jheffe
    jheffe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome.!!!!!!.you should be very proud of yourself losing 100 pounds..I know its so hard..I am struggling also..Please add me if you want..I am also from Arizona..this is a great group of people that really motivates me and keeps me accountable..Good Luck in your journey!
  • barians
    barians Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is a great achievement. Feel free to add me if you want some support.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can do it! And thank you so much for sharing...that is the first step towards making a change. If you are ever looking for accountability feel free to add me as a friend
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....Hope you find everything you need here.
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I've seen firsthand the benefit of eating healthy and losing weight. A lil over a year ago my hubby was nearly 500 pounds. Today he's lost 180 pounds. And he's still going. He has reversed almost all of his medical conditions and his blood work numbers are amazing. My youngest son was nearly 300 pounds and is now at a healthy 165 pounds. All this with clean, healthy eating and exercise. No matter what, don't give up! Continue to move forward. I wish you the best of luck on your endeavor!
  • stacystilly
    stacystilly Posts: 33
    Options
    My first day too! Good luck to ya :D
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! We are here to support you on this journey
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    100#! Way to go! Please tell me you are a Coyotes fan.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent community full of people who are trying to achieve the same thing. The support is AMAZING! Take up the offers to add people on here as friends. I have created a support network that provides feedback and cheers me on at every small milestone. I wouldn't be where I am without them.

Great job on the weight loss. Keep up the great work and good luck as you continue.

Feel free to add me if you would like or need additional support.
  • Nessers_02
    Nessers_02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! Sounds like you have done really well so far!! I love this site, it's kind of like my new facebook!
    You can add me if you like!