Tension Headaches

Options
PShep17
PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
Wasn't sure what the best section to post this was but never mind.

Just wondering if anyone has any remedies for easing tension headaches. Other than sleeping excessively I haven't had much luck.

Suggestions appreciated :)

Replies

• Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I get those a lot, especially if I've worked out traps/back and am stressed. GET A MASSAGE!! seriously, even if it's just a friend rubbing your shoulders, traps and head for you... it'll help SO much. Take some headache medicine then ask for a rubdown.
  • renatadelarose
    Options
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/tension-headache/DS00304 ******** Check out this website a lot of good advice ...Hope it helps
  • jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Usually if I get a tension headache I'm a little dehydrated. Coconut water seems to help me a lot.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Roll up a towel and place it under your neck while you are laying on your back. If you have a heating pad, put it over the towel. Sometimes placing ice over your eyes, cheek bones, and forehead at the same time helps me. Also, if you haven't, see a chiropractor. A lot of tension starts with the spine and neck alignment. A chiropractor can adjust you to normal. I second the massage suggestion as well! Some medicines that have helped me in the past from the Doctor are Fiorecet, Prodrin, and muscle relaxers.

Oh one more thing.. if you have someone that can help you.. lay on ur back and have someone stand at your head. Have that person cup their hands and put your head in their hands. Tell whoever it is to to place their finger tips on the tendons between your neck and head... hold it for about 2 minutes, and just rest ur head in their hands. It's a pressure point my chiropractor uses and I have my roommate help me with when I have a super bad tension headache. It's the easiest way I've found to nix it quick. Only challenge is.. you need someone to help you.

Good luck.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and a good massage is the only thing that helps mine :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Roll up a towel and place it under your neck while you are laying on your back. If you have a heating pad, put it over the towel. Sometimes placing ice over your eyes, cheek bones, and forehead at the same time helps me. Also, if you haven't, see a chiropractor. A lot of tension starts with the spine and neck alignment. A chiropractor can adjust you to normal. I second the massage suggestion as well! Some medicines that have helped me in the past from the Doctor are Fiorecet, Prodrin, and muscle relaxers.

Oh one more thing.. if you have someone that can help you.. lay on ur back and have someone stand at your head. Have that person cup their hands and put your head in their hands. Tell whoever it is to to place their finger tips on the tendons between your neck and head... hold it for about 2 minutes, and just rest ur head in their hands. It's a pressure point my chiropractor uses and I have my roommate help me with when I have a super bad tension headache. It's the easiest way I've found to nix it quick. Only challenge is.. you need someone to help you.

Good luck.

YES YES YES to the second paragraph. It really works! If you find someone willing to do it, see if they can go five minutes for maximum benefit!