Spike Diet?

Options
Any of you guys know anything about the "Spike Diet?" Has anyone tried it? I'm usually not a dieter. This whole past year I've been all about just changing portions and just changing the types of foods I eat. And lost 45 doing that, but I seem to fluctuate within 5 lbs lately and really want to get the rest of this weight off and I've heard good things about the spike diet.

Replies

• Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    oooooh...bump for later
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i use to do the JUDDD diet. i would eat 500 cals one day then the next day not worry about it. i lost weight pretty quickly with that but i only did it for a few weeks. i think the spike diet is similar but it alternates high and lower calories. i would say just try it for a few weeks and see how it works!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I can't find anything about it without buying the book. This leads me to believe it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Edit, okay so it seems like you eat normal for 6 days a week and then go overboard on day 7? I have not tried this, though I do have an occasional cheat day.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this by mistake actually. I am down to 128.0 from 214.6....was eating 1200-1300 cals a day since October. After a vacation in Philly...where I overate for 2 days...I gained weight..then dropped weight within 5 days. So..now I eat about 1200-1300 cals a day Sunday thru Friday...and allow myself a spike day once a week..the only difference is..I exercise that day too. Im 5'2...and it seems to be working.
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    i wouldn't try a fad diet it sounds risky, like the sort of thing where you will put all the weight back on again once it's over. switch up your diet a bit if you're plateau-ing, YOUR BODY IS BORED
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? I lost my last 5 by raising my calories from 1200 to 1500 and eating back all my exercise calories. Now in saying that, I added healthy low glycemic foods, such as quinoa, sweet potatoes and steel cut oats to raise my calories, give me more energy and keep me fuller longer.

I am 43 years old and let me tell ya, that last 5 in our 40s is hard, I did it with eating more, plus I was a runner (injured right now, cant run).

I agree with the people that say fad diets are risky. What we need is a manner of eating that is healthy. What we look on the outside is a plus on this journey, but what we do to the inside of us is the most important. I want to be there for the ones I love and love me, and I do that by eating nutritiously.