A weight lifted, old clothes NSV

Options
pinuplove
pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
Since the clothes that didn't even fit when I started are now comically baggy on me, I decided today it was high time to go through my closet and say so long to that part of my life :smile:

It feels amazing to see those old clothes that represent a rather unhappy (with myself) time in my life all bagged up and ready to find a new home! I feel like I lost another 10 pounds just by putting those old things behind me. I can now fit into most of my former work wardrobe (even though I'm not working now, it's nice to know!) and I no longer avoid mirrors when I'm out and about.

So for any of you hanging on to those old clothes just in case' I encourage you to let go and look to the future instead of where you've been! I kept one pair of jeans, just as a reminder of where I never want to go again.

Replies

• mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing pinup. I can not wait to feel confident enough to give the old things away. :flowerforyou:
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kind of a Spring Cleaning for the Soul (as well as the Closet).. WTG
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

One of the reasons why I refused to just buy new, bigger clothes is that I knew that I would finally figure it out - and I did. So the few big things that I did have, I gladly got rid of. And I'm super happy that I kept the smaller stuff. It's like gaining a whole new wardrobe, without spending a dime.

Great NSV. So happy for you!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling! And proud of you for letting the "old you" go. :heart:

As soon as I grew out of my clothes I got rid of them and it was also a weight lifted when I handed those bags over to the donation center.

I 100% agree about not hanging on to them "just in case" - you're betting on yourself to fail and that's not what this community is about.
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last week! It's such a fantastic feeling :flowerforyou:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling! And proud of you for letting the "old you" go. :heart:

As soon as I grew out of my clothes I got rid of them and it was also a weight lifted when I handed those bags over to the donation center.

I 100% agree about not hanging on to them "just in case" - you're betting on yourself to fail and that's not what this community is about.

Thanks all! T, you're a great inspiration :heart:
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Congrats! You really are doing awesome work!
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've cleared out the closet twice, so far. It's getting close to time for that sort of thing again. It is the most amazing feeling. I never really liked to shop for new clothes (still don't much), but I sure do love to get rid of the old ones. Congrats on your success!
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have already started a pile of things that are "just to baggy". It feels really good to watch that pile grow. I will give some of it way when I hit goal but I also plan on having a bon fire and burning some of them. A burning the old me away kind of thing.
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    congrats what a great feeling that must be
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!