Buying Almond Milk in Bulk??

Options
I am thinking of switching to almond milk, and have thought about purchasing in bulk to save $$ and just to have it on hand.
I saw it on Amazon as a pack of 6- Silk Almond Milk. What is the shelf life of this stuff? Does it have to be refrigerated all the time, before it's opened? Do any of you buy this in bulk?

Thanks!!

Replies

• mkrainville7409
    mkrainville7409 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I buy it at costco! its like $5 dollars for 6 medium sized cartons... very easy to keep too. It can sit on the shelf for a litlte bit with out being refridgerated.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Make sure you like it first!

I only buy it a carton at a time, probably not the cheapest way, but I don't have the space to keep more.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    The silk brand is refrigerated. There are other brands, however, that are not. I drink the Silk brand and it's expiration date is always much longer than that of regular milk. If you drink it pretty frequently I think 6 cartons will be ok.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely try it first. I'll have to check if Sam's sells it. We do not have a Costco here :)

I think certain cartons of Silk do not need to be refrigerated until opened. At least that's what I think I've gathered? I could be wrong. I think I figured out that "Aseptic" meant the carton was specifically for storing before refrigeration and keeping it fresher, longer. Sorry, I came across this realization after I posted. :)

Example: http://www.amazon.com/Silk-Original-32-Ounce-Aseptic-Cartons/dp/B004LL7GHO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338410188&sr=8-1

Thanks again!