5'6 with 40 lbs to go!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new as well to MFP, been on here for about a week and I've lost 2.5 lbs since tracking my food (and cutting out bread/potatoes/rice).

I lost 17 lbs in January ... then hit a plateau and fell out of the gym groove I was in. I was working out 3X a week for an hour and eating what I normally do (with less snacking at night).

Now that I am home for the summer there is no nearby gym so I am really trying to change my eating habits. Just looking for some support and to share information :)

Replies

• bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hope I look half as good as you do when I get down to your size, anyways I live out in the country and work out at home all the time, feel free to add me!
  • ktdid1133
    ktdid1133 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 pounds since Jan too and am at a plateau...lol..maybe its something about that number...but congrats on your loss...and maybe since you don't have a gym close by...try some running or walk/run intervals to get some exercise outside. Also..do you have access to a pool? You could swim laps...

Best of luck to you! :)
  • brandip22
    brandip22 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I am just starting as well. I am doing P90X with my hubby and hope to stick to it this time! I am also 5'6" and have at least 40 to lose. You do look great and carry your weight well. I've always carried mine well too, unless these past 20 pounds. I am starting at about your weight, too. Good luck! We can motivate each other!
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have you considered running? I used to hate running, but I started the C25K and I am definately seeing some improvement in my stamina. Maybe look in to some home DVD's like 30 day shred or Zumba.
    We have similar goals and are about the same height. I started at 232 in July of last year and my lowest since then has been 191.2. I am working on trying to break that as I have been at a "plateau" fluctuating between 195 and 192 for about the past 3 months. I definately plan on losing another 20 pounds and would be happy there. Although I would be happy there, I think I will lose another 15-20 pounds after that and then transition into maintainence. Feel free to add me if you like. :happy:
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and 40 lbs to go. Congrats on your weight loss. i hate the plateau time frame. All I can say is don't give up. Since you don't have a gym do you have anything at home? Do you have Netflix/ You could rent some DVDs try them out to see what you like before buying them? I am starting 30 Day shred tomorrow in the mornings to give me a little push and then I work out at nighttime in the gym. What about some power walking/running outside? Feel free to add me we can surely do this together!!!!
  • cpatten386
    cpatten386 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and you look great! I have 40 more to go as well.. I have lost 50 in the past year and this last 40 has been my nemesis for some time now. I have obtained a trainer who is trying to kill me daily but thats ok, its worth it.. But I don't seem to be getting anywhere so I know I need to fix how I eat again, cut things out again.. I think this site will be great because lord knows I don't want people reading my food diary and seeing that I ate a burger.. haha

Anyways good luck and keep up the good work.
  • daynzie
    daynzie Posts: 3
    Options
    aw thanks so much!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! My weight now is where you started. Feel free to add me. Im 5' 6" and I have 44lbs to go myself. Good luck on your journey :wink:.
  • daynzie
    daynzie Posts: 3
    Options
    all great adivce thanks everyone! I am starting KANGOO classes soon twice a week for an hour so I think that'll help!