AM or PM workouts most successful :-)

Options
Need opinions: I usually work out in the evenings..however, I've been working out in the morning and evenings lately. Which is more effective, AM or PM workouts? How do you guys feel about eating dinner after working out? Thoughts please..and have a blessed and woderful day :-)

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I think whatever way you are doing it, is working! Because you look beautiful!

To my actual opinion. I really don't know that it makes a ton of difference when you workout or when you eat. I am up at all hours of the night, sometimes not able to sleep until 3 AM. I'll hit the treadmill at 2 AM if that's what I feel like doing. It will help me get tired enough to stop fidgeting. I know everyone is different and I am certainly not an expert. I just know what works for me. I look forward to seeing some knowledgeable replies too.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the best time to work out is the time you can stay most consistent with, whether thats am or pm or whenever
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    the best time to work out is the time you can stay most consistent with, whether thats am or pm or whenever

And that's why I always work out in the morning... I get it done and out of the way. I used do noon or after work PT but it was just too easy to blow it off with some excuse.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    AM .....get it done and out the way
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So agree with first thing in the morning, and getting it out of the way. People think I'm crazy for getting up at 0400 to hit the gym, but most days work gets crazy and I have no other time. I tried lunch time, and it was too inconvenient and time-consuming. By the time I get done with work, I am too exhausted to even look at my running shoes or think about going to the gym. I know if I burned my calories in the morning, the toughest pary of my day is over, and it's all downhill from there! ;-)
  • Shakila87
    Shakila87 Posts: 70
    Options
    Thank you!! It looks like the AM is what it will be then!! Thanks Steffie!! I also like the working out when I can't sleep idea too!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    everyone is different. personally, i like a.m.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I do both.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning, not because its ridiculously crowded in the PM but i feel better my workout is done early and i have the rest of the day to not worry
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    For me, after work workouts are best. There is no way I could get up at 0 dark 30 and really work out like I do. But that's me.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters... as long as you are working out!

Personally, I prefer to workout in the mornings. If I plan on working out in the evening then I'm more likely to talk myself out of it and hit the couch instead.
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options

And that's why I always work out in the morning... I get it done and out of the way. I used do noon or after work PT but it was just too easy to blow it off with some excuse.

^^^this

I feel I have a much better day if I get a workout in before work.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing is too find out what works best for you and go with that one. I prefer evening workouts but I also like to workout a bit in the morning too. MY main workout is always in the evening I feel I have much more energy from the day.
  • ktdid1133
    ktdid1133 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters really...but I prefer AM...that way I don't have a chance to make excuses later in the day..and I will!
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    I am usually too tired in the afternoon to workout. So I get up at 5:30 am to go workout.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Well I workout both in the morning and in the evening...I find that I'm more tired in the morning and it's drag getting through my workouts but in the evening I'm more energized from being up all day and it helps me sleep :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I get ready with my youngest child (6) and follow him out the door in the morning. That way I cannot find other things to do and miss my workout. If I try to put it off until "later" it will never happen!
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    For me AM workouts work best for me. I like getting it out of the way, and it helps me feel better throughout the day. Only downside to working out in the morning is I feel like I don't have as much energy as I do in the evening.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've never been a morning person so I've always worked out in the evenings! Also, that's when the run club I belong to runs -- after work!

Honestly though I don't think it matters. I've always been between 167-172 lbs and it's mostly been my diet....I've always been pretty good about eating healthy even before finding MFP....to each his own I guess. Do what works for you.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I'm another morning workout person. It's too easy for me to make excuses to blow off exercising after work. I just had to learn to get up with the alarm instead of hitting the snooze button for an hour and a half...