From Eeek to Wow!

Options
So, when I started this journey, I was just under 400 lbs. I never went out, never wanted to be in social situations of any kind, and was generally uncomfortable with me. I had one trip to the hospital, and my blood pressure was through the roof. I couldn't walk due to the pain in my hips and knees, and I couldn't stand for more than a couple of minutes. My doctor had warned me it was time to seriously consider weight loss surgery because it was no longer a matter of if but when my health started to seriously failed. My response was I refused to consider weight loss surgery. For me that was a mental indication that I had given up and failed completely. (This was my own way to see the world -- it was more of a mental failure than a physical one.) When I started this is where I was at:

10956_194926531994_509111994_4049156_3509514_n1.jpg

For mother's day this year I went up to my parents home and planted three flats of flowers for my mom -- and boy was everyone surprised! I am just thrilled at the new world I am starting to discover! So, here is mother's Day, 2012!

MothersDay2012.jpg

For the record -- the little girl sitting next to me in the first photo is my hero and inspiration in all of this. She had a heart transplant six weeks ago. She has had five different open heart surgeries since she was born -- and she has the most positive, amazing, and uplifting personality of anyone I have ever know! I have promised her that by the time she is medically cleared to go to the local amusement park -- around Halloween this year -- I would in in good enough shape to take her and her brothers! That is one amazing little girl that I don't plan on letting down!

Replies

• janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! How long did this take?
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! You look great! And good for you for taking it upon yourself and losing weight! I hope you have every sucess!
  • kahlee2000
    kahlee2000 Posts: 77
    Options
    I am currently 10 months into this journey and I am so much happier!
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. What an accomplishment!
  • steamyhott
    steamyhott Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!!! Huge Accomplishment!!!!
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!!!!!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What a transformation. You look amazing and all that in only 10 months. You are my new hero lol. Congratulations.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love seeing how happy you look in your second picture...a smile speaks a thousand words! Kudos on your success! Inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Aaah man, you look great. Hugs to the little girl. :flowerforyou:
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I'm sooo happy for you and proud of you!! You have proved to yourself that it can be done, so keep up the good work!!:}
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. I am truly impressed and inspired. Words cannot express how great I think you (and the little girl) are.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful smile in the second pic. You look wonderful - & happy. Congrats!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! KEEP US UPDATED ON YOU AND THAT PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL!!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Wow- what a great job you have done, your hard work shows. I am sure your Doctor will be thrilled as well. Best of luck toward whatever fitness goals you have. You can do it. :)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! You look so happy now :smile:
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    OVERWEIGHTLUVA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! :)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    You look great and hugs to the little girl!!!
  • jonesyx6
    jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    AmaZING!!!! Great job!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I may not know you personally, but I am proud of you. Keep up the great work. Did you exercise to lose this much weight in such a short length of time? Congratulations again
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    This is awesome!! 121!!!! What an inspiration you are to all of us. Thank you for posting your story and working so hard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!