sharing recipes

Options
krisinky
krisinky Posts: 17
Hi there,
My husband just started MFP and he wants to be able to assess my recipies. How do I do that?

Replies

• sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My husband and I tried this and couldn't figure this out so if there is a way I would love to know.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Under the food tab there is a recipe tab. Once you click on that you will be able to create recipes and get the nutritional info on it. I hope this helps.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What special KYC said. But you also have to know how many servings you are making then scan all the things you put into the pot. After i started using this, i started forgoing butter/oil and using cooking spray or water for most things.
  • krisinky
    Options
    I know how to create the recipes and have several but I want my husband to be able to assess them or do I need to put them in all over again on his account.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    that would be a GREAT feature but from what I've seen you have to add them to both of your accounts...usually what I do is add the recipe on mine and then he just uses the quick calorie count for his
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know how to create the recipes and have several but I want my husband to be able to assess them or do I need to put them in all over again on his account.

If you put down one serving of that recipe in your food journal, then your husband can create the food under "my foods" and add in the nutritional information manually, so he can access it without you having to put down the whole recipe again.
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think you mean "access"?

The only way I've been able to do it is to enter it all on mine... and then using diary sharing, I go in on his phone and copy the meal to his diary from mine.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    There is an option when you go to save the Recipe at the bottom of the screen that says "Would you like to submit this recipe to the myfitnesspal database?"

You just need to be mindful of your naming convention so that hubby can find it in the database.
  • krisinky
    Options
    Cheryl, Yes, I did mean access. That is the trouble with trying to type while (2) 3 year olds are climbing all over you. Thanks for all the responses.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    There is an option when you go to save the Recipe at the bottom of the screen that says "Would you like to submit this recipe to the myfitnesspal database?"

You just need to be mindful of your naming convention so that hubby can find it in the database.

This sounds like the easiest solution.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options

Good info..tks for sharing.