Fitness Watch - What's the best GPS/HRM watch?

Options
Hi all! I'm sure there has been many post about running/fitness watches, but there have been some newer models lately and just want to get everyone's opinion. I'm looking for a watch that is a running gps, a calorie counter and HRM. I know many people have been saying Garmin, I just don't know what kind. I was looking at the lilac FR60, which was reasonable, but kind of got bad reviews. I'm looking for something that is water/sweat resistant as well. & something that is reasonably priced. I also saw the new motoactv which seemed really cool, just want to know if would be worth the price. Any other good brands besides Garmin that people are big fans of? THANKS!

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have an old Garmin Forerunner 305. It's bulky but I love it. I really like that it tracks my routes as well as HR, calories burned, pace etc. The newer models are not nearly as ugly. When this one goes I'll replace it with another Garmin model.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    Love the garmin 305! It looks like a superhero watch/mini computer and is bigger than my wrist but the GPS is pretty good. It does get a little off when you run the the city or in wooded areas, but thats normal for most watches I think. I usually add .10 miles for every mile I run just in case it is off.
    The only thing I use it for is a stopwatch and the GPS. Shows the minute/mile. The computer program/CD it comes with SUCKS. I got mine for $130 on Amazon as Garmin does not carry older models anymore. It shows the calories burned, but I don't really trust calorie counters bc I know the gym machines are so inaccurate haha. I just figure with my weight/speed i burn 80 calories per mile.
    PROS:
    GPS
    large screen size
    easy to use buttons
    battery life
    CONS:
    HRM attachment
    CD
    not cute
  • la_flaca
    la_flaca Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOVE the garmin 305 even though it's definitely ridiculous looking...you can sometimes find them cheap on Amazon, since it's an old model. The thing is a workhorse, totally dependable no matter how sweaty you get, if the day is cloudy, etc. Mine was stolen a couple months ago and I switched to the Garmin Forerunner 610 - not cheap, but I use it a lot so worth it to me. The 610 looks like a normal watch...though I still miss my huge 305 :) Overall I do think that Garmin generally makes the best GPS running watches.