how long to lose 25lbs..

Options
Just curious to know how long it took you guys to lose 25lbs..I know everyone's weight loss is different but just wondering?? I am thinking maybe 4months..what do you think??

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hard to say, only because your close to your goal. People have said that if you only have around 20 to lose you should aim for .5 a week on here.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Probably about 8 months for me, and I've only lost 3 so far. (I've been on MFP for 9 months.) It really depends on what you eat and how often you exercise.
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your start weight is. If you weigh 235 (which I did when I started my life change) then it should not take 4 months. I lost my first 25lbs in 2 months or less. Everyone is different though. My last 10 lbs is taking forever, lol. I'm hanging in there, b/c there is no rush and shouldn't be if your in this for the long run. :) All this said is meant positive. Best of luck to ya'll.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it depends on a multitude of factors. But going on the basic 1lb/wk that would be a little more than 6 months.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    I have three pounds to go to get to 25 pounds. I lost a few pounds before starting MFP (maybe 5 to 7), but the "last 25" is what I've used MFP for. I started it on February 20th, I think. So about 3 months +. Though it was the whole of my weight loss goal. If your goal is a lot higher and the 25 pounds is not your "last" 25 pounds, it might go even faster.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 16th and hit 25lbs about a week and a half ago. :) 15 to goal then maybe another 10 after that!!
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you..should have probably mentionned that this is the last 25lbs and I am just starting..so I supposed it could be longer then some other people..Just hope to lose at least 5-7lbs a month
  • sjowett77
    sjowett77 Posts: 6
    Options
    I lost 32 lbs in 2009. It was all the weight I had to lose at it took from September - December. I was able to do it even with the holidays, but I did lose every week. It really depends on how disciplined you can be. Track everything, stay within your calories and hit the gym and you should be there in no time. (I am also trying to lose 30 lbs - I had a baby and moved)
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks you that is encouraging to know...
  • trishy303
    Options
    I'm in this same catagory! Around the same weight and would kill to loose 25 lbs in 2 months. What did you do? I guess there are no secrets: eat less, move more.