Not making it

Options
Don't know if I can hang with this.

Replies

• Jenny236
    Jenny236 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi trying really hard, but it is hard!!! Drive thru is so easy!
  • Preikschas
    Preikschas Posts: 37
    Options
    I know what you mean! At first I was like "I am never going to stick with this" But it has been 10 days that I have kept up with my entries and I am ADDICTED! I love to see at the end of the day the calories I have consumed and burned off. It makes me stop and think of the choices I make. Add me and we can kick each others butts into staying on track! you got this!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, we're here to yell at you to get back on track, haha j/k :) You can do this. One day at a time.

Think about it, an equation must be balanced. If you change something on one side, a change must occur on the other side. Make a positive, healthy change and there will be a positive, healthy result :)
  • sjowett77
    sjowett77 Posts: 6
    Options
    Everything worth having takes a bit of effort. You can do it. It's a lifestyle change and those can be hard, but take it day by day and it will get easier. Soon you will find this just as easy as a drive thru. Stick in there - it's worth it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi trying really hard, but it is hard!!! Drive thru is so easy!

I don't understand. You can do drive-thru and make better choices. You don't have to cut out fast food to lose weight.
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    u can do this! hey u resemble britney spears:flowerforyou:
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    They say that it takes 3 weeks of consistently doing something to make it a habit. You can do it!!! Just keep going!
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Drive thru is very easy! We all know this, but living healthier makes it some much EASIER on your body! There are healthy choices in the drive thru, and Ive found...it's so easy to just keep driving right by. Yes, I like fast food, it's yummy...but having it constantly is Terrible! Hang in this and it will be so much better, and youll be able to look back and tell yourself that you did it, that you made it over the obstacles and the walls and made it to that victory. It's not always easy, and nothing ever is, but like everyone says...it's WORTH IT, just like YOU are worth it.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely hard...if it was easy everyone would be stick skinny!! But remember that once you get into a planning routine, you will be rocking this!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    After the first few months, it gets MUCH easier! Keep it up!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You can do it! just be honest even when you do give into the temptation of the easy drive-thru meal. Not meeting your goals some days happens, but being accountable to it is the important part, eventually it becomes second nature to think about whether or not you can afford those calories or at least planning more exercise to make up for the slips!
  • tammies00
    tammies00 Posts: 16
    Options

Think about it, an equation must be balanced. If you change something on one side, a change must occur on the other side. Make a positive, healthy change and there will be a positive, healthy result :)

^^This I like!

You can do this!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    how long you been at it?

baby steps!...don't conquer it all in one undertaking...that's how people drop off...

stick with it.
    track your food religiously.
    add some exercise. (summer's here....go for a 15min walk)

making lifestyle changes for the better will payoff BIG TIME!

DONT QUIT.

you CAN do this.
    kick its *kitten*!
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    it is so totally worth the effort.

tonight, after working 14 hours, I am going to go run a couple miles.

Never used to even think like that....
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenny,
    Just keep your eye on the goal (your friend who lost 40lbs) It gets easier. Also don't go on a diet, you need to make permanent lifestyle changes, thinking like that helps too!! And when you see some progress, you will be even more eager to stick with this. Good Luck. It's worth it...
  • melissalynn317
    melissalynn317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. I always have healthy snacks with me so I'm never hungry enough to crave fast food or in my case at work, the evil vending machines.
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sure it's easier to eat out and buy bigger clothes; but eventually that easiness gives way to it being harder to walk, harder to breathe, harder to sit comfortably, harder to....you CAN do this, IF, it's what you're ready to do! You must make up your mind that enough is enough and it's time to get healthy. Support is so beneficial in that process. Please feel free to add if you'd like :)
    I've stuck with this for 456 days, it's no longer a quest to lose weight and get healthy, it's my way of life!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Be patience give it a chance.
    You can do this....lot's of folks on here in the same boat!!
    I've been on about 40 days. Best decision I've ever made!
    Wish you the best.......:flowerforyou:
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye on the prize.

Take one day at a time and one meal on a time.

Stay positive, it gets easier.