Buying a bikini....

Options
I'm thinking about buying one to hang on my bathroom wall. I'm going to Miami in September and we're staying at a beach front hotel. I've always wanted to go there and I've always envisioned myself in a cute little bikini strutting my stuff on the beach but as of right now that ain't gonna happen! I'm hoping that if I buy a super cute two peice and hang it where I can see it everyday it will be motivating.

Have you done this? What has helped you reach your goals???

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have...and I would love to say it helped me. After buying 4 different bathing suits,I realized that that wasn't going to do it for me. But different people have different motivational triggers and you cant go by me. My real motivation now is mainly determination.

Give it a try....if it works, thats great!
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    Historically, I'll get into excellent shape because I love exercising (and probably am training for a race and/or playing on a sports team.) This is the first time I've counted calories. If something happens and I get depressed/injured/get a more sedentary job, the weight slowly piles on. I realize I'm overweight/fat, and I work to lose the weight. Right now, I'm 10 pounds down from the heaviest I've ever been, and have a little more than 30 to go. My self-esteem is pretty much shot.

That said: I live in Southern California, and you better believe I'm wearing a bikini at the beach, even if I *am* fat. The sun feels great!

If buying a bikini and hanging it somewhere visible works as motivation for you, that's great. We all respond to different triggers. I hope that if you DON'T manage to get to whatever your goal weight is you will still rock that bikini on your vacation. Just because you aren't "perfect", it doesn't mean you have to hide.
  • MrsNelson0904
    MrsNelson0904 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Historically, I'll get into excellent shape because I love exercising (and probably am training for a race and/or playing on a sports team.) This is the first time I've counted calories. If something happens and I get depressed/injured/get a more sedentary job, the weight slowly piles on. I realize I'm overweight/fat, and I work to lose the weight. Right now, I'm 10 pounds down from the heaviest I've ever been, and have a little more than 30 to go. My self-esteem is pretty much shot.

That said: I live in Southern California, and you better believe I'm wearing a bikini at the beach, even if I *am* fat. The sun feels great!

If buying a bikini and hanging it somewhere visible works as motivation for you, that's great. We all respond to different triggers. I hope that if you DON'T manage to get to whatever your goal weight is you will still rock that bikini on your vacation. Just because you aren't "perfect", it doesn't mean you have to hide.

Thanks! I hope I have the confidence to rock it no matter what!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I have...and I would love to say it helped me. After buying 4 different bathing suits,I realized that that wasn't going to do it for me. But different people have different motivational triggers and you cant go by me. My real motivation now is mainly determination.

Give it a try....if it works, thats great!

I have done it too without any results. I bought a pair of True Religion jeans (on Ebay, not full price) and put them front and center in my closet, but it wasn't enough for me to put the fork down. My best friend looks amazing in the same jeans, and I wanted to look similar, but that wasn't enough either. It's a daily fight for me and it is all raw determination and work. I've tried every gimmick, every pill, every workout program. YOU are what makes it happen!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans hanging on my closet door. When I started this process the button and hole was about a foot apart. Now I can button/zip the pants but they are tight. Almost there. So, yes it helped. I try them on every couple of weeks now.