Pms induced water weight :(

Options
Hey, this is my first post! Im in the National Guard, and as of right now I'm failing my height and weight requirements by only a couple of lbs, which has me barred from the promotion I was supposed to earn back in March :(. I work my *kitten* off at the gym and I've been eating a rather clean mostly vegetarian diet. My problem is, for the past few months, between drills I've been able to get down to the the weight window allowed for my height. But my lovely visitor comes right before drill and end up like a bloated dead seal (gaining up to seven lbs!) and fail height & weight. Of course a few days later, I'm fine again. I've got drill next weekend, and Im sooo close to making weight! (granted, I have a way to go to reach my overall goal). Any tips for getting rid of bloat and water weight? I need this promotion!!!!

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The only advice I have is make sure you're getting plenty of water. Good luck!
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Avoid working out with weights the day before.. don't want to throw additional water weight in the mix. Other than getting your hands on a water pill, it's just one of those things to wait out.
  • aml0513
    aml0513 Posts: 20
    Options
    oh man, tried the water pills a week ago, made my pee blue! lol. i have a lot left so i'll probably end up doing them again next week. how fun would that be to get picked for the random UA that weekend and come back with blue pee!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Try adding some lemon to your water - it is a natural diuretic. Good luck to you, I have the same monthly problem.