what to eat?!?!

Options
I have carbs and calories left but no fat and and no protein.....what should i snack on?

Replies

• narick
    narick Posts: 23
    Options
    any sort of candy, fruit, rice cakes, juices, gatorade. the list goes on.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein is fine, but watch the fats. Eat what ever fits your macros--apples, fat free yogurt-fat free cheeses.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. Love me some popcorn!! I also love cheerios and whole grain bagels!
  • narick
    Options
    Going over on protein is fine, but watch the fats. Eat what ever fits your macros--apples, fat free yogurt-fat free cheeses.
    If going over protein puts someone over their calorie goal for the day its not good. I'm not trying to be rude but you say eat what fits your macros. If you go over on protein you add 4 calories a gram every gram youre over so yea it can hinder progress. Protein has calories just like carbs and fats.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MFP protein totals are low for anyone trying to lose fat, without a kidney problem. Protein will keep you feeling full longer and digest slower than carbs. Where as candy, gatorade and juices are mostly empty calories.
  • narick
    Options
    MFP protein totals are low for anyone trying to lose fat, without a kidney problem. Protein will keep you feeling full longer and digest slower than carbs. Where as candy, gatorade and juices are mostly empty calories.
    I don't follow the MFP protocol at all, and many of the people I know don't follow their guidelines anyway. Fiber will keep you full longer more than protein. And the fact that the main person said that they had only carb calories left I feel like they are hitting a calorie count that they have set up. Candy and gatorade and juices are 100% carbs, and that is what they asked for. And actually they are not empty calories. A add up the macronutrient totals of a serving of gatorade or juice and even non fat gummy candies, and you will get the allotted calories.