Equate weight loss shake, anyone tried it?

iamcrayon
iamcrayon Posts: 11 Member
The cheaper WalMart version of Slim Fast

Just wondering :)

Replies

• LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    I have drank the chocolate .. taste just like slim-fast ..

but I didn't do the diet, I just had them for when I didn't want to eat breakfast or if I was craving chocolate milk, I could at least sneak in some nutrients :drinker:
  • nurserae7
    nurserae7 Posts: 43 Member
    Yep. Had one today as my *snack* I prefer the chocolate over the vanilla, but i still do both for variety. Not bad to me. I never had the Slimfast brand. Just make sure they are very cold! :bigsmile:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    I don't use them often, but I actually think they taste BETTER than Slim Fast. But yes... very cold.
  • nurserae7
    nurserae7 Posts: 43 Member
    I have drank the chocolate .. taste just like slim-fast ..

but I didn't do the diet, I just had them for when I didn't want to eat breakfast or if I was craving chocolate milk, I could at least sneak in some nutrients :drinker:

Yep...I agree with her!! I don't follow the plan, just use them as a snack or boost when I need something extra.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    yeah, when I was on my externship at a hospital for school, I would take those with me instead of heading to the cafeteria for dinner. I lost 10 lbs in a month. =) And i didnt have them for every dinner, but most of the time i did.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    strawberry isnt bad either =)
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    I have the chocolate every morning for breakfast. DO NOT DRINK IT WARM>>>Ewww. I would rather get 12 can for the price of 6 Slimfast.. I use it some times for other meals when I am on the run but mostly just for breakfast. Love it
  • hcreardon
    hcreardon Posts: 1
    I'm a college student and I drink them on the go. They're really good, but be sure they're extremely cold, and also don't leave them half-finished in your car for any amount of time. They mold and smell after a few days.

I recommend buying a 12-pack of vanilla, a 12-pack of chocolate, and a 12-pack of strawberry all at once, and alternate drinking one every day. That way, you don't get bored.
  • leslieba09
    leslieba09 Posts: 10
    I like them too. There's no way I could follow the Slim Fast plan without starving...but I try to replace 3-4 meals a week with the shakes.
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Just switched to these and agree with someone above who said they taste a little better than Slim Fast, but mostly they're better because they're way cheaper. I follow the plan (finding it easy), though can't find all of the flavors where I live. Little too soon to talk about results, but I'd recommend them to anyone who sucks at cooking and doesn't want to worry about having to do it much.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    I also have one every morning for breakfast - milk chocolate - I think the slim fast ones do taste better, but not worth the price difference. I do it more for convenience than for weight loss though. Oh...and the above posters were right - drink VERY cold.
  • I use one for breakfast and one for lunch and then have a nice supper when I return home from work. I drink the vanilla but only because I don't like chocolate. They are very reasonable in price. I also like that they have 670 mg of potassium.
  • MyIrishSpirit
    MyIrishSpirit Posts: 43 Member
    I've had them in the past. I agree that they taste better than SlimFast. Never did the plan like some of the others. They're kind of a fall back if I'm on the road or something and need a snack that doesn't come from a drive-thru.
  • I used to drink them when they made the original formula. I don't like the Ultra formula at all. I wished they would go back to making the original formula. It was less chalky and tasted much better.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    They taste like the slimfast ones, but I quit drinking them.

They are convenient, but they have so much sugar they would spike my blood sugar and I would end up hungry not too long after drinking one.

Now I usually grab almonds if I'm too busy to eat or something easy to carry around like that.
  • smjm1982
    smjm1982 Posts: 1
    yes.. i like equate better but i think its cause the price is easier to swallow..lol
  • ejpumpkin
    ejpumpkin Posts: 1 Member
    So stupid question....

Let's say my caloric goal is 1500.

If the Equate shake is 200 calories (I have no idea I'm just throwing out a number) then I would still have 1300 calories for lunch, dinner and snacks?? How is drinking the shake different than just eating a 200 calorie breakfast?

I've been stuck at the EXACT same weight for 3 weeks so I'm looking for something to jump start me again.
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Quick fixes "equate" to failure.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    I will also agree that the chocolate ones taste better than the milk chocolate slim fast ones but the rich chocolate royale slim fast ones (dark chocolate) are freakin' amazing.

I've never done the diet, but I have had them on hand a few times just for a quickie breakfast or snack when I'm really craving some chocolate. I wouldn't be able to do the diet, personally, because it's like eating candy all day long (meal replacement bars all in chocolates and peanut butters and caramel -- tell me that isn't like eating candy, even if there are nutrients) and I would feel so unsatisfied with just one real meal each day, but they aren't terrible if you want something quick and easy every now and then.

Regular protein powder and making shakes at home may have lower sugar content, though. Just a thought.