150 calorie ice cream PER PINT

Options
I found this great ice cream last night that is completely lactose free (great for lactose intolerants like me), and is only 150 calories for an entire pint. It's the Arctic Zone brand.

The ice cream was pretty good for being so low in calories. It had more of a frozen yogurt consistency than an ice cream consistency. I had the chocolate peanut butter flavor, and I thought it was really good, but they also had chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and coffee flavors too.

This is a great new find, especially for me, who can easily eat an entire pint in one sitting. Now I don't have to feel guilty when I do!

Only down-side is it's a little pricey: it was about $5 per pint, but hey, that might just be a sacrifice I'll make.

Replies

• mallie233
    Options
    That's awesome! Skinny Cow has 150 calorie ice-cream sandwiches that are to die for btw!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Oh I am soo finding that Ice cream! To sit and eat a pint of ice cream in your jammies and not want to cry after...... That may be a glimpse of heaven!
    Thanks for sharing you just made my weekend!
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I have never seen Artic Zone anywhere. I do love Skinny Cow and usually keep them in my freezer!!!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Mmm yum!!! Weight Watchers has some ice cream that I LOVE. It's about 6 oz, but a big enough serving in my opinion to satisfy the craving. They have it in chocolate fudge brownie (150 calories) and mint chocolate chip (140 calories) at Walmart. There are other flavors but those are the only ones I have been able to find. They are both YUMMY!!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/shop/categoryshowcase.aspx?pageid=1056621&navid=moreww
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have never seen Artic Zone anywhere. I do love Skinny Cow and usually keep them in my freezer!!!

I found it at hyvee but I've seen it at whole foods too.
  • Anilos81
    Anilos81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    They have it at Sprouts! It's not the same as ice cream of course, but it definitely fills the craving and it does taste pretty good!!!
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just seen that the Kroger near me just started selling this. I was excited until I seen the price. But I think I will eventually try it. Breyers has a carb master that is 60 calories for 1/2 cup. I don't know how that would compare, but I liked it for a treat. I eat my ice cream out of a cup serving size, so that my mind sees that the cup is full and then I feel satisfied when I am finished eating it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont care for ice cream but hubby says the skinny cow ones aren't bad. not sure of their nutrition info ....
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    WHY WHY WHY for the dear love of God WHY do they not produce it here in Ireland :'(

If you listen really close, you can hear my heart slowly breaking.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire one of these everyday during finals week...haha :)
  • katewillbethinx2
    Options
    Its SOOO good!!!!! If you nuke it for 15 seconds... it has a creamy consistency to it. Do ittttttt. You'll thank me later.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have seen this on MFP before, but the closest location that sells it is an hour and a half car ride away.
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Where is it sold? I've never seen it. I have Stop & Shop, Shaw's, Dave's Marketplace and Whole Paycheck nearby

Thanks!!!
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    I LoVe IcE CrEaM .... I live out here in the boonies ... I'll be lucky if I can find the Skinny Cow .. LOL But will look and give it a try if I find .. TY
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    awesome! i'll have to try it! i love both ice cream and frozen yogurt!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I tried it, It was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. NO THANKS, Skinny Cow is much better and tastes good.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    it is yummy! i put it in the microwave for a bit.... gives it a better consistancy. i also sometimes top it with walden farms calorie free chocolate or caramel syrup :wink:
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I found this great ice cream last night that is completely lactose free (great for lactose intolerants like me), and is only 150 calories for an entire pint. It's the Arctic Zone brand.

The ice cream was pretty good for being so low in calories. It had more of a frozen yogurt consistency than an ice cream consistency. I had the chocolate peanut butter flavor, and I thought it was really good, but they also had chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and coffee flavors too.

This is a great new find, especially for me, who can easily eat an entire pint in one sitting. Now I don't have to feel guilty when I do!

Only down-side is it's a little pricey: it was about $5 per pint, but hey, that might just be a sacrifice I'll make.

i have been raving about this to anyone that will listen (as well as several forum posts) for a long time! i thin its amazing! "True" ice cream lovers probably won't like it considering its basically frozen protein powder, but i LOVE it... the coffee and chocolate peanut butter flavors are particularly good.

I do caution about eating the whole pint in one sitting as it does have a lot of chicory root in it which can leave you in the bathroom all night!!!
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    Just looked it up on line so I could see what it looked like ... Did you mean arctic Zero?
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Here's Arctic Zero's website:

http://www.myarcticzero.com/

Click on "Locations" and enter your zip code to find retailers near you.