I did a bikini competition!

berniemay
berniemay Posts: 78 Member
This past weekend I participated in my first ever bikini competition at 47 years old! I started my weight loss journey approximately 2 years ago with the goal of "losing weight and getting in shape". Well, all of that changed about a year ago when my personal trainer (who has her IFB Pro card) hosted her first body building show. So, last May after the first show she told me that I needed to think about doing her next show. Yeah, right! Well, the more that I thought about it, I thought "why not". So in January of this year after losing 20 pounds I started training extra hard for the show. I have to say that the training is a piece of cake compared to the diet you have to start 8 weeks out from the show. I have never eaten so much fish, chicken, ground turkey, greens, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc. The diet plays a major mind game with you as well as what you think is starvation. I was working out 7 days a week and watching every single bite that I ate. Yes, I had good days and bad days, cheat times, etc. But after getting up on stage this past Saturday everything was worth it. I have never worked so hard for something in my life. My posing was not up to par, but I still felt like a winner because I completed the journey. I have already been asked by several people if I'm going to do it again next year. The answer is "I don't know". That is a long way away.

Replies

• hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    That's fantastic, you look amazing! The thought of doing a bikini competition is terrifying to me - you go!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    That's awesome! I've toyed with the idea of doing a bikini competition but always thought I was past my prime, lol. But good for you to do something that you obviously worked so hard at.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Congrats! Well done. It was a huge challenge and you did it.
    I know exactly what you mean when you are talking about the diet. I recently did my first figure competition. My posing wasn't up to par either. I did great in practice, but nerves got the best of me on stage.
    When I finished, I said I would never do it again. Then it was maybe. Now, I am already working on my weaknesses for next year.

Good luck no matter what you do. And congrats on such an accomplishment.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 376 Member
    Way to go! :)
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    That is fantastic. From what I've read , it seems like it would take tons of hard work and dedication. You shoudl feel super proud of yourslef. I have thought about it too, but I dont know if I can handle the diet, lol. Great job!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Congrat this is fantastic
  • WoW, CONGRATS!!! So super to achieve a goal. Rock on girl!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Congrats!! That's a great accomplishment :)
  • megtwittles
    megtwittles Posts: 22 Member
    Way to go !!! I am following the same meal plan right now and it is soooooo hard for me !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!