No... I DO NOT want a thigh with that!

Options
I have been eating healthy and exercising since January and I am losing inches/weight everywhere BUT my thighs!!! What exercise can I do everyday to get my thighs to go down??

Damn my genes for cursing me with BIG thighs!!!!!!!!!!! :explode:

Replies

• SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I found out last night that if I keep my legs together and swim like a mermaid, my thighs really feel the burn!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    There's not much you can do about your genetics, but try barre workouts.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    walk and run!!! and squats. lay on your side and do leg lifts
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My inner thighs are my least favorite body part! I've been working out with a trainer for 18+ months and my quads look AWESOME and even am seeing some definition in my hamstrings. He has me doing lots of leg work all the time: squats, lunges, gliders, leg lifts. . . you name it. When I ask him about my inner thighs, he recommends working them on the cable machine, using an ankle strap as well as the inner thigh "strive" machine.
  • ag2ut
    ag2ut Posts: 20
    Options
    The leg exercises others have recommended will help, but also keep in mind that our bodies hold on to fat in different areas and it sounds like your thighs might be the last place clinging on to the fat for dear life. Be patient and keep doing what you're doing! It will come off of your thighs in time, but the fact that you're losing inches everywhere else shows that you're doing it right.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    none. you cant spot reduce fat but you can work the muscle underneath.

to reduce fat, eat at a calorie deficit, do cardio and lift weights or other resistance training. the way and rate you lose fat is genetically determined and the general rule of thumb is the first place you notice fat gain is the last place you will notice loss.

in the meantime, keep measurments since you're probably losing slow enough that you cant tell unless you measure
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the GREAT advice!!! :flowerforyou:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Taebo helps a lot. I do it every other day and walk the other days :)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    There is nothing you can really do. If you genetics say your thighs is where you hold your weight, that will be the last area to go.

Target the muscles underneath with squats and lunges to help firm up, and keep doing everything else you are doing.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    If you have muscular thighs, let me know when you find out. I had having to get all my jeans taken in at the waist.