Technically, I'm not new....

Options
....but, I've reached my limit. Stepped on the scale Sunday and was horrified. I'm 5'4" and 165 lbs as of yesterday morning. I weigh in every morning. This is the most I've ever weighed, outside of pregnancy. I'm humiliated. SO, that means it's time to make some big changes.

I have three kids. I'm 25. And the wife of a Marine. Here's to making changes!!

Replies

• countesscresta
    Options
    It's also a really awful feeling when you see pictures of yourself and think, "How the hell did I get so fat?!" I'm right there with you. I'm motivated to make some serious life changes. I'm ready!
  • carakline
    carakline Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been avoiding cameras like the plague for about a month. For some reason I've gained about 20 lbs in the last month or two. It totally snuck up on me. I wasn't paying attention to what I was eating/doing, clearly.
  • Stephie_lee
    Stephie_lee Posts: 22
    Options
    Why is it that the weight never 'sneaks off', just on?
    Good luck! :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and have nothing to be humiliated about. You just want to make a few changes is all. I understand that self image is everything though. Add me if you like. I am a pretty active member on MFP :)
  • quinnmama
    quinnmama Posts: 3
    Options
    So withyou girl....I weighed in last week @ 192...I weighed LESS when I delivered my last baby @ 42 weeks!! I am DONE with this weight battle. I did however find out that I do have a thyroid issue that I am now taking meds for. BUT even with that I am still sure I eat WRONG and WAY too much. SO here is to the challenge.. We can do this!
  • jjroe78
    jjroe78 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well, I'm a repeat offender. Lol. Tried this once before but was not devoted enough to it. This time around I'm at the breaking point. I'm tired of being this big. I'm 5' 4 and started this at 189 lbs. I've been doing zumba and staying on a 1200 calorie a day stricked diet. I am determined to get back in the 13? Lb. range. So far I have lost 9 lbs. Its been hard but I'm ready to end the misery.
  • carakline
    carakline Posts: 12
    Options
    You are beautiful and have nothing to be humiliated about. You just want to make a few changes is all. I understand that self image is everything though. Add me if you like. I am a pretty active member on MFP :)

What a sweet thing to say! Thank you!