tea is better then soda right???

Options
yea i know sounds like a stupid question cuz soda is so BAD for you . But seriously i was talking to someone and told them that instead of soda im going to start drinking tea because its healthier for you and it has antioxidants and all that good stuff . . . but then to have the person turn around and so NO just drink water . . . it kind of upset me to be honest with you because i dont see anything wrong with drinking tea when i dont feel like drinking water. its basically water anyway??

what are you're thoughts on this? :)

Replies

• mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    As long as its not loaded with sugar then it has to be better!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You should drink some plain water during the day, but having tea throughout the day is perfectly fine. I have a cup whenever Im craving something more interesting than water. I just dont put anything in it
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    exactly and i never put sugar or sweetener in my tea so i was like shocked that someone would say this too me.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    And I try not to talk to too many people about my healthy diet. I find most people are morons who think they have phenomenal advice for me when usually they are just talking out their @ss
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    I drink tea frequently and if I drink more than 3 cups in a day, I log it towards my water intake. True it isn't pure water, but it is a hell of a lot better for you than soda or artificially sweetened "water" drinks. I drink decaf iced green tea a lot in the summer months- sometimes up to a gallon a day and my body has never had any objections.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Tea has lots of health benefits but you probably don't want to drink it exclusively.
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    Maybe they were thinking of iced tea, like the packaged stuff you can buy? That's often still packed with sugar. If you're going to drink real tea that's steeped with no sugar added, then that's great - be it black, green or white. Particularly if there are added bits to it like ginger or mint or something. Yum.
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Any kind of tea is good for you... Leave out all the extras, the flavorings and the sugar , milk.. all that adds up and makes it bad... Tea with lemon.. Or plain is you can handle it is just fine...

I always drink dunkin donuts iced tea with coconut or cinnamin with splenda... My nutritionist said its alright.. So I'm not going to question it..

Try it and see how you like it..
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    from a health standpoint, tea is of course far superior to soda. and even for weight loss, it is great. BUT, from a strictly hydration standpoint, it's actually about the same as soda, unless it's decaf. caffeine is a diurectic -- it causes dehydration. if you are drinking large quantities of tea, you should be drinking MORE water to balance it out.
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Tea is fine as long as it's actually tea. Not the bottles of "tea" that are really tea flavoring and a lot of sugar.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Any kind of tea is good for you... Leave out all the extras, the flavorings and the sugar , milk.. all that adds up and makes it bad... Tea with lemon.. Or plain is you can handle it is just fine...

Especially don't drink tea w/ milk. The combination has recently been proven to cause kidney stones.
  • xxSjayxx
    xxSjayxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Especially don't drink tea w/ milk. The combination has recently been proven to cause kidney stones.

:noway: