Confused on sandwiches

Options
I am a little confused on how to count a sandwich. I had a turkey and cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomato and a teaspoon of caesar dressing on it. Should i count each individual separate or use the food counter which states the particular i had is 170 calories. If I count each item separately it equals 260 calories. Each slice of wheat bread is 110, 2 slices of turkey and 1 slice of cheese 80. Grrrrr.:smile:

Replies

• toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I would count them separately, you'd only be cheating yourself by not getting the counts right.
  • sparklesnsht
    Options
    You probably should count the individual calories, because the food counter is probably talking about different ingredients. You should try to get a bread that's lighter in calories, that's what I did and it helped me a lot
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Count them each separately. Its a lot more accurate that way since you log everything exactly, instead of using another person's sandwich that may use different brands than what you used (and therefore would have different calorie contents)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I put in each food item in my diary, when I make a sandwich. :)
  • turbogirl01
    turbogirl01 Posts: 19
    Options
    Definitely count them separately, that way you know exactly where you're at :D . I know it gets tedious, but the more you enter the ingredients that you use, the easier and faster it gets, because they're already in there!! :)
  • Sheila4046
    Sheila4046 Posts: 28
    Options
    It's unanimous! Thanks everyone, I was thinking that as well. Great!:happy:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Count separately then put in "my meals" so next time you can do it with one click.
    To do that after you list the ingredients click "quick tools" then "remember meal".
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Count separately then put in "my meals" so next time you can do it with one click.

I do this or turn it into a recipe.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The recipe section is great for this kind of thing. Then next time you eat this it is ready for you to use or you can add or subtract ingredients if you change things.
  • Zaitt
    Zaitt Posts: 4
    Options
    I've found the Recipe Analyser

>>Here http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

to be a fantastic resource for this kind of thing. I with MFP would implement something similar
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've found the Recipe Analyser

>>Here http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

to be a fantastic resource for this kind of thing. I with MFP would implement something similar

You mean, like this?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    Yeah, it's more accurate, but takes longer when you're preparing things for yourself and not depending on "Lunchables" to do it for you. I should probably do the same with the home made soup I made earlier today. I didn't :)