Starting again!

Options
abuers
abuers Posts: 1 Member
Hello. I have been a member for almost two years, and was doing very well when I was derailed by a family crisis in September 2011. Living in the hospital waiting room by day and the hotel by night for two full weeks made it difficult to eat a healthful diet and exercise consistently. When I returned home, I found myself disorganized, depressed, depleted and unable to keep up with my routines. My doctor prescribed Lexapro, which I have been weaning off for three weeks, and finally quiet last week. I was not expecting my response to the trauma, and just kept giving myself grace and more grace while I tried to recover. I've gained 25 lbs, have high blood pressure (again), and my arthritis has presented itself in my knee, neck, and hands. The clinical approach to my ailments, which includes a drawer full of pills, is not a path I want to stay on. With the blessing of my doctor, I have decided to commit to a nutrition and exercise approach. So....I'm back, and I'm ready to do what it takes to get my health back! The ongoing support of myfitnesspal has really helped.:wink:

Replies