Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Upping your calorie goals and feeling guilty...

I changed my weightloss goals from 2 lbs. a week to 1 lb. a week. I did this because I have been ravenous and not able to keep within in the 1450 calorie goal I have been given unless I burn at least 300-400 calories everyday. Also since I have a lot less to lose now (lost 56lbs on MFP and 97 lbs in total w00t!) it isn't coming off so rapidly now anyways so I figure I don't want to starve myself.The new calorie goal MFP set for me is 1680. I feel like a cop-out..should I feel this way? Will I be able to start losing weight again? I feel like I've come to a complete stand still this past month. Any advice?

Replies

• H2gmom
    H2gmom Posts: 6
    Check out the group "Eat more to Weigh less". It has a lot of good information. Don't feel guilty. You are doing a great job!
  • nattles90
    nattles90 Posts: 21
    Ooo! Thank you I will surely check that out! I some guidelines- I feel as if this weight loss thing gets more complicated as get further in!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Yeah, its okay. I did the same thing about a week ago and felt a bit guilty about it, until i realized that the increase in calories meant I could have an extra brownie a day. Then all feelings of guilt passed :)
  • nattles90
    nattles90 Posts: 21
    lmao Yea I'm definitely looking forward to a little more lee-way! Skinny-cow here I come!
  • H2gmom
    H2gmom Posts: 6
    It was hard for me to up my calories. I haven't even changed it on here yet. It all makes sense though once you read the info. But it has gotten harder for me also.