Stuck at 192

Options
Seems I'm stuck at around 192. Have been for over a week. Usual meet my calorie goal (1200 a day) but have been going over around 200 to 300 lately. Maybe a motivation problem? Am down from 212 when I started in Feb. Want to lose 10 more.

Replies

• sassydebbie67
    Options
    I know how you feel:sad:
    I have been stuck in the 170s for about 4 months...
    I seen to stay around 170 lbs to 173 lbs , i took my calories down to 1200 but it's still not working out for me ..
    I guess i need to do more workouts but can't seem to burn alot any more....
    I still have 30 lbs to lose...

Hope you fine something that works for ya!
  • jbcharles
    jbcharles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think to it should help to mix it up some more, and maybe walk or get more active early in the day. I do think if you just eat mostly fruit and veggies and stay away from white rice and bread that helps too
  • cheesethings
    Options
    Shake up your snow globe! Try something new and exciting... do dinner for breakfast and vice versa! Try a new exercise routine, switch things up and let your body think...WOW what is going on here...things are a changing! Stick with the foods that work well for you and your weight loss, but shake things up! It works for me! :) Good luck!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I agree. Maybe plan a nice hike this weekend or if you normally hike go to a long bike ride.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm stuck on a certain weight....I'll notice that finally one day it'll drop like 2 or 3 pounds instead of the normal .1 or 1!! So be patient and keep doing what you're doing! :)
  • alexis1201
    alexis1201 Posts: 14
    Options
    I feel like I'm in the same boat. I am stuck around 166-168 for what seems like the past month. Im doing everything Im supposed to do but the scale doesnt seem to budge. Not sure what I should do differently, if anything. :indifferent:
  • aprileigh27
    aprileigh27 Posts: 37
    Options
    u need to eat more..........................find your tdee-15% eat that a day.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    SAME HERE! Started at 212, stuck at 192!

WHAT GIVES!!!!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Look for the group - all about eating more to lose!

I hit a plateau, and then upped my calories, following my BMR and TDEE, and am happy to report that I have been losing a pound a week, with ease! :)

Here is a great reference site: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

If you don't know, your BMR is what you would need to eat just to have your body function normally.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I've been using EM2WL for about a week now and I ain't seen S*** lol
  • kaaz99
    kaaz99 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been going since January and haven't gotten stuck yet. I hit the 60 pound mark today, and I have 20 more to go to hit my goal. I think part of the secret is to take good records and always try to top your last workout, even if it's only by a little bit.

You could try to slowly increase the duration (run for 15 more seconds than you did the last time), but who wants to spend more and more time doing workouts out each week? So when I run, I try to shave 10 seconds on my time, or if I'm on the treadmill, I try to go .1 mph faster than I did the time before. If I'm lifting, I always try to push the amount of weight and still maintain form, or do one more max rep than I did the time before.

I succeed about 80% of the time. Like everyone, I have "off" days where I didn't sleep as well as I'd like or stress distracts me from being as focused as I could be.

The constant striving for improvement in performance seems to stimulate the weight loss. I've been losing 2-3 pounds a week consistently. The old saying is:

"If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got."
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Man, I was stuck at 192 for months. Granted, it was holiday season, and I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I needed to. If you are going over by only 200 or 300, just add in another easy workout to combat it. Maybe take a walk at night, or while watching telly do some pushups or jog in place. Not hard to even those out :) Another thing that works for me when I'm getting really stuck is just to be super picky about food for a couple of days. Spend two days only eating foods that benefit your body, cut out the fluff and treats. Don't stay that way, or you'll go nuts, but it may help to break the plateau.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PrfctGdess/view/eating-more-264399

more info at the Eat More to Weigh Less group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Run the numbers - it just makes SENSE!! If you want lose weight in a healthy way (i.e. so you can keep it off), you need to eat MORE than your body requires for basic functions, so you're not starving yourself, but LESS than your body needs to maintain your current weight, so you'll lose.

I was stuck at a plateau since Aug 2011...so nearly 10 MONTHS...and this WORKS!
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I've been using EM2WL for about a week now and I ain't seen S*** lol

Hang in there - read some of the stickies on EM2WL - it can take awhile for your body to figure it out. Give it 4-6 weeks and see where you are. :smile:
  • aprileigh27
    aprileigh27 Posts: 37
    Options
    With eating more it can take about 3-6 weeks before you break your plateau...have patience....it will happen...just remember things take time....it took me years to put on 40 extra lbs...I dont expect to loose it in a month.....
  • latitialyde
    Options
    Have you tried the 30 Day Shred by Jillian? Its supposed to shock the body into letting go of the extra weight. There are 3-20 minute workouts on 3 different levels. It might help break that plateau
  • rmalford
    rmalford Posts: 58
    Options
    Before you fall for the eating more to lose blah blah, you might want to check out what the Mayo Clinic has to say about plateaus!

Check out this link,

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152

Sure sounds like a great way to lose weight to eat more, but lots of times when something doesn't make sense there is a good reason why it doesn't. Just my 2 cents,

Best of luck
  • jbcharles
    Options
    I agree. I weighed 189 this morn. I weighed 190 to 192 for like 8 to 9 days
  • jbcharles
    Options
    goos idea
  • jbcharles
    Options