How did you finish the 30 day shred!

Options
No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to say committed to the 30 day shred. I just get bored with it. I seriously want to complete it, so for those of you who did complete it, how did you stay motivated?

Replies

• SmallBodyBigHeart
    Options
    Bump
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to say committed to the 30 day shred. I just get bored with it. I seriously want to complete it, so for those of you who did complete it, how did you stay motivated?
    Honestly if you don't like, and get bored with it, don't do it! Find a workout you love and you will finish it! Maybe try another workout video, or just freestyle some workouts on your own!
    Ps I finished the shred but I really enjoyed it, the days I didn't feel like working out I would just tell myself "it's only 20min, lazy *kitten*, do it!!" and I would
  • SmallBodyBigHeart
    Options
    Honeslty I do get bored fast and I just can't find a "fun" workout. Maybe I'll try mixing up the Jillian Micheals workouts
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I finished it too. Some days I didn't want to do it either. I also told myself it is only 20ish minutes and had to kick my butt into gear and do it. I did Jillian's Ripped in 30 and had the same issues but she had 4 workouts which helped with the boredom. I am doing Jillian's 6 week 6 pack now and it is over 30 minutes and boy do those minutes matter. Not only that, she only has 2 workouts for 3 weeks each! It tests my mental toughness doing these videos. We just have suck it cause it will get us results. Good luck...you CAN do it!!
  • SmallBodyBigHeart
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try!
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one..I've done 6 days of level 1 and am pretty bored with it...i'm trying to mix it up with some other stuff but it's kinda hard to stick to it.
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I only have a couple of days left in 30 day shred but do have to say that I didn't do it every day. Though I exercised every day. I actually like Level 3 and want to continue to do it until I can complete it easily. I hated Level 2 - just hated it. I had to push my self to complete it. But, like whatever else has been saying - it is only 20 mins and you burn a decent amount of calories during those 20 mins. I use to do No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels and switched to 30 day shred. Now, I am thinking 20 mins is a big difference from 40 mins. I just keep trying to mix up all my exercises from pilates, the Bar Method Class, to running to 30 DS.

Just remember it is only 20 mins!
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've heard people that want to stick to just Jillian workouts say that they alternate between multiple videos. I have 4, so I think I might try that, too, along with some heavy lifting to really mix things up. Instead of heavy lifting, you could do some body weight exercises that are pretty potent.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/17/advanced-body-weight-workout-warning-this-will-kick-your-*kitten*/
  • pinkwhisk
    pinkwhisk Posts: 41
    Options
    it's 20 minutes long - i can't see why its difficult to complete. I finish my 30 days next monday