Best Heart Rate monitor to get?

Options
I'm debating between buying a fitbit or just getting a good heart rate monitor. I have heard lots of feedback on fitbit, but what is a good heart monitor to look into?

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 and FT7 are the most commonly sited favorites on these forums as far as I've seen.

Some people employ a Fitbit and an HRM together. They both have different uses and sort of compliment each other.
  • michelechavez
    Options
    Consumer Reports rates the Timex Personal Trainer 5G971 best. Only $50.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you work out at a gym, you might find out what brands the equipment supports. I have a Polar and it "talks" to the cardio machines (ellipticals, treadmills, bikes, etc.) so that my HRM values appear on the equipment screen. It's not mandatory of course, but it's a nice feature to glance down at the screen versus trying to read my watch.

BTW: I have a Polar RS400 which was about $180. I wish I'd gotten a less expensive model like the FT7. They basically do the same things, and for all the extra features on the RS400, a non-runner like me doesn't need/use them...
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with a Polar FT7 for about 6 months and I absolutely love it!
  • landmsmommy
    landmsmommy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 and I love it! Love that it syncs with all the gym equipment. It has been a huge asset to my workouts.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with a Polar FT7 for about 6 months and I absolutely love it!
    Same here....
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    FT4 or FT7...either one. The former is a little cheaper and still does a good job of estimating calories burned. The latter has a few more bells/whistles etc. Check out both and compare.

I use the FT4....way more accurate calorie burns than the Timex I had.
  • Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Same here....

Ditto. I LOVE mine!