25 Calorie "Buffalo Wing Style" Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• debbie8997
    debbie8997 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My Shirataki noodles (tofu) found at Wegmans are 40 calories for the 8 oz. bag. Never saw any that are zero calories, I'll have to look for them.
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My Shirataki noodles (tofu) found at Wegmans are 40 calories for the 8 oz. bag. Never saw any that are zero calories, I'll have to look for them.

Asian grocery stores are your best bet, although most healthy food stores have them, too.
  • patty3124
    patty3124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Whoel Foods. :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    bump
  • terrina22
    terrina22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aahand
    aahand Posts: 27
    Options
    bump
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Chelle you Rock! i'm going to use my last bag tonight, LOL. Got to restock this weekend.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I've just discovered the shirataki noodles myself. This sounds wonderful. Had no idea you could dry fry them!!

For those who don't know where to go -- I get mine at a local health food type grocery store. They come in a baggie, in liquid, and are in the refrigerated stuff by the hot dogs, etc. Very inexpensive - less than $1.50 and 1 bag can make 2 meals. I just had some for lunch today.

Rinsed well, microwaved for a minute, and then added to your remaining ingredients and they are quite good and a wonderful pasta alternate. When I first had them, they did have a bit of a spongy type texture, but they honestly taste like regular pasta when mixed up with the other stuff.

Last night, I took 2 lite laughing cow wedges - garlic herb, plus a T of parmeasean and a T of greek yogurt. Put that in the microwave for about 25 seconds and then mixed it well with a fork. Tossed my rinsed and microwaved noodles in a small skillet with some cooked small salad shimp and my cheese mixture and a touch of salt and pepper and it was delicious!
    Very rich tasting and less than 100 calories as a meal!

I'm definately going to have to try these buffalo wings
    Sounds delish!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow I will so be making this later. I love spicy stuff!
  • missymouse28
    Options
    Bump
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • steamlita
    steamlita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Gauntlettes
    Gauntlettes Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump
  • cheerocracy
    cheerocracy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just bought 8 bags of these noodles last week for 79 cents each, buy one get one free!! Haven't tried them yet...kinda forgot about them. I think I need to try them out tomorrow. :)
  • joeez5
    joeez5 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    how does ANYTHING have 0 cals? it just defies logic?
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    how does ANYTHING have 0 cals? it just defies logic?

They're made from a vegetable (Japanese yam). There are LOTS of veggies that have virtually no calories. The konjac (Japanese yam) is one of them!
  • mccb1977
    mccb1977 Posts: 14
    Options
    Chelle, I have a bag of these in my fridge...from last week when I read your post, I am still afraid to open them, hahaha....I don't like really any fish in general so it is freaking me out to even open the bag, because I fear the smell.....soon I keep telling my hubby, I will try them....c'mon set me straight, I can take it! (i think) :)
  • RansomedDaughter
    RansomedDaughter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump