Banana Oat Muffins (86 cals each)

Options
I love inventing wholesome baked goods, but since all of this detailed tracking, it's been hard to do and know what I'm actually putting in! I did the math on this one really carefully, and it's in the MFP database (search for smemily and it should come up). If you make 15 muffins from this recipe, they're just 86 calories each, with good fiber and protein. You could also add a sweetener if you wanted. I like them like this (the apricots add a lot) but if you add something, just make sure to divide the total by 15 and tack it on when you log the food.

I'd love to know what you think! Enjoy!

Smemily's Banana Oat Muffins

flax seed meal 2 T
oat flour 1.5 c
whole oats (not quick) 1 c
baking powder 2 t
baking soda 1 t
whole egg 1
milk, 1% 3/4 c
apple sauce, unsweetened 1/3 c
vanilla extract 1 t
mashed banana 3/4 c
dried apricots, chopped 5 pcs

Mix it all, drop as evenly as possible into 15 muffin tins (I use silicone - they don't stick and you don't have to butter them - you can use a little squirt of pam if needed)... bake at 350 (preheated) until a toothpick comes out clean - they don't need long.

Replies

• erikachan
    erikachan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Mmmm looks like it would be yummy. Thanks for sharing.
  • jessymilian
    Options
    looks yummy im gonna try em out
  • smemilypfeif
    Options
    Let me know what you think! I think chopping the apricots really small helps spread them out, as they're the main source of sweetness.

If you want a different fruit, the apricots are 90 calories total (divided by 15 for the calories-per-muffin total) so you could sub in something else and do that math to figure out your calories.

If you follow the recipe, you can add it from the database.

Let me know how they come out for you!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmm
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Yum
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    Definitely trying, thank you!
  • daisyrose305
    Options
    These sound great! Can't wait to try them! TY!