PEEING TOO MUCH!!!

Options
I drink at least 8 to 11 glasses a water a day and I know water helps your body flush out the sodium from the food that you eat everyday, BUT I'm beginning to cut back on the water intake because drinking so much water keeps me in the bathroom constantly. I have been to numerous of doctors regarding this. I was told that it could be that my stomach is stretched from c-section and my bladder isn't able to take on so much. I need the water to flush out the toxins and I noticed that when I started drinking more water as my current doctor suggested, the weight begin to come off. It's getting close to that time of the month again (i hate it) and I'm wondering is there an alternative to this. I've been prescribed Detrol, but that doesn't really help out much.

Replies

• teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I go all the time too. My husband says my bladder is the size of a thimble.
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I go all the time too. My husband says my bladder is the size of a thimble.

lol..i hate it especially like after we are dining out, as soon as i get in the car, i have to go. i hate public restrooms
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I would rather be in the bathroom every 45 minutes than have a kidney stone from chronic dehydration. I had a kidney stone almost a year ago, and through testing found that I need to drink 4L of fluids ( mostly water) a day to prevent another one. As a matter of fact, today the fedex man dropped off my supplies for my every six months 24hr urine test....
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am always peeing too much. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I think mine stems back to my anxiety, I don't think I *really* have a small bladder. But perhaps.
    I heard somewhere that you're only supposed to pee seven times a day. I'm like WHAT?!? That is kinda ridiculous. I pee seven times in an evening :p
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    do u also drink a lot of other liquids or only the water? do u drink all the water in a short time frame or throughout the day?

one should be between 6-10 times a day but u also have to consider other factors I think such as having a bowel movement, showering or before after sex (don't think those times of peeing should count).

my obgyn told me that the more water u drink the more u will pee as once i thought i had a uti as i was peeing all the time but during that time i was drinking loads of water (most likely more than one should) and one doctor told me drinking more water doesn't make u have to pee more, but he is dumb.

drinks with caffeine or sodas will make u have to pee more as well.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of things really. Drinking more water will cause you to have to take more trips to the bathroom. However, if you think it is impacting your quality of life, then talk to your doctor just in case. There were times I was having to go every 20 minutes... turns out that I developed an irritable bladder after having a really bad infection. So, now I have to be on medication to help with that.
  • aml0513
    aml0513 Posts: 20
    Options
    you don't have to DRINK your water to stay hydrated. Try adding lots of water rich fruits and veggies to your diet, like watermelon, cucumbers. and tomatoes :) just try to stick with more veggies than fruit, so you don't get too much sugar.
  • tiffanympm
    tiffanympm Posts: 62
    Options
    I really only drink water with a slice of lemon now. At the office I just sit around with my water cup. I have to go every 3 hours but at least its a chance to get up and now sit on my fanny. I've noticed HUGE differences with the water and I'm very happy with it.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Watching Dr Oz yesterday and he was saying if you are going to the bathroon 8 times a day, you are drinking enough water. So it appears to be a good thing.
  • aml0513
    aml0513 Posts: 20
    Options
    a good way to measure how well hydrated you are is by the color of your pee, lol. if its clear to very pale yellow, you're good ! lol, when i was in boot camp, the stalls had posters on them with color coded "pee gauges" to help you determine how well hydrated you were...gotta love the military.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon of water a day, up to 1.5gallons on days when I workout... bathroom brakes are very common. :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a serious case of IBBS. (itty-bitty bladder syndrome).
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You have had a C section and it is quite possible that you have scar tissue adhesions that are sticking your bladder to the abdominal wall. It's very common and I have them too. It means that your bladder can't expand to the same capacity as it used to.
    I rarely get through the night without getting up for a pee.
  • beraggled
    beraggled Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 c-sections the doctor said on last one he was having trouble sewing everything back together.Got abit close to the bladder.I have been peeing alot lately but for me its a good sign means i'm losing weight.Said to my daughter today aww i got to go to the loo.Lol she said you always going to the toilet.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? When i completely eliminated food chemicals and animal products from my diet, i stopped having to pee so often. I probably still pee just as much volume, but less often. I think there is something in processed food that your body wants to flush out right away; i always got thirsty right after eating that stuff. Probably all the "food chemicals". I also found that the problem gets progressively better as my belly fat goes away. It's like i have more room for bladder now.

Peeing 5-15 times per day is normal.

Keep on the path, and eat tons of fruit and vegetables, and the problem should get better with time.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I am always peeing too much. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I think mine stems back to my anxiety, I don't think I *really* have a small bladder. But perhaps.
    I heard somewhere that you're only supposed to pee seven times a day. I'm like WHAT?!? That is kinda ridiculous. I pee seven times in an evening :p

shaynak112 Cute profile pic. :laugh:
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The dietician told me that hitting a specific number of glasses per day is not essential but to look at the colour of your pee at midday. If it is a light colour then you are drinking enough, if not then have another glass.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    a good way to measure how well hydrated you are is by the color of your pee, lol. if its clear to very pale yellow, you're good ! lol, when i was in boot camp, the stalls had posters on them with color coded "pee gauges" to help you determine how well hydrated you were...gotta love the military.

I had clear pee and was still dehydrated...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The dietician told me that hitting a specific number of glasses per day is not essential but to look at the colour of your pee at midday. If it is a light colour then you are drinking enough, if not then have another glass.

This doesn't always work and for some people, it OFTEN doesn't work.
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have to say that after having upped my water intake to the proper limits, I'm having to pee ALL THE TIME. It kind of sucks, but it's simply a by-product of staying hydrated.