Low carb beverages?

Options
floamx865
floamx865 Posts: 2
I've decided to go low carb this summer and I was wondering what the rest of you fellow low carbers drink. Obviously I've eliminated beer and cut way back on juice. I hardly ever drink soda because of the sugar. But I'm bored with just water. Please enlighten me with your creative concoctions! Feel free to include suggestions for low carb alcohlic drinks as well!

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    unsweetened tea, takes a couple tries to get used to but now i love it.
    also try jazzing up your water with cucumber, strawberries, oranges, or lemon! totally a game changer!

for low carb/cal alcoholic drinks i usually stick to vodka & sugarfree anything or vodka tonics with extra limes.
  • krisinky
    krisinky Posts: 17
    Options
    My new favorite is La Croix which is carbonated water and there are several different flavors. I came upon this when I gave up beer for Lent. Also, club soda is wonderful.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've decided to go low carb this summer and I was wondering what the rest of you fellow low carbers drink. Obviously I've eliminated beer and cut way back on juice. I hardly ever drink soda because of the sugar. But I'm bored with just water. Please enlighten me with your creative concoctions! Feel free to include suggestions for low carb alcohlic drinks as well!

Congrats on your decision..... but low carb diet won't have room for juice or beer !! Tea and water. Try sugar free crystal light but in moderation. Protein shakes are very tasty when made with almond milk.

There's several great LC groups on MFP so search for us and join up. Lots of great info

Good Luck !!
  • floamx865
    floamx865 Posts: 2
    Options
    I totally forgot about tea! I feel like a moron. But thank you for the ideas on sprucing up water!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is awesome, and super low cal, and it tastes delicious, plus it has vitamins, and enzymes. Just cut up a lemon, and squeeze half of it into a glass of water. One lemon is good for 2 glasses of water, so even if you buy organic lemons (i do, they taste a lot better) its less than a quarter for a glass.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    WATER :)

and Coffee with cream.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    If you aren't such a fan of unsweetened things like iced tea, maybe try adding Stevia or Truvia? They're natural plant extract sweeteners, and may have a carb or two but nothing significant :)
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is La Croix which is carbonated water and there are several different flavors. I came upon this when I gave up beer for Lent. Also, club soda is wonderful.

I LOVE La Croix. I especially love the coconut flavor (even though my sister says it's like drinking sun screen). I'll go through a 12 pack in a week. My new favorite alcoholic drink is coconut La Croix, cake vodka and whipped cream vodka. It tastes like coconut cake.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Diet dr pepper
  • Neptune2g
    Neptune2g Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I have done low carb and it works, but you have to be really strict and your breath stinks. I love herbal tea for low carb or any diet . it is just yummy
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    white rum and diet coke
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light energy powders added to water!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    milk is low carb!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Water :)

I am recent convert from tea with 2 sugars (English heritage) to coffee with cream

Camomile Tea

Green Tea (Very good for weight loss, you can take it as a supplement)

Vitarium 100% Naturally Sugar Free Mocha Drinking Chocolate (uses Stevia) - 10 cals and 0.5 carbs (0.03 sugars) per serve

Wine (red preferably)

I hate myself for doing it (due to the Aspartame) but sometimes I'll have a Diet Coke or Coke Zero ... I try to limit it to once a week ... I really should get some Zevia instead ... http://www.aussiehealthproducts.com.au/zevia.php
  • Amasea
    Options
    Milk has about 11 grams of carbohydrates per cup. And who drinks just one cup of milk?
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nice bump of a 2 year thread.

Water
    Coffee with HWC and Davinci SF Syrup
    Ecodrink